Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My acne problem started summer 05. I had acne on my forehead, thats it. I kept popping it, causing it to spread(i didnt know anything about acne at the time). After two months i couldnt take it anymore and went to the doctor who perscribed me benzamicyn. It cleared me up, but then when i stopped applying is twice daily cause of dryness,i started getting 2-3 pimples a week. I tried not applying bp to my face, but just using a light cleanser and toner. The only thing i noticed is my face was really shiny around my nose area and area to the sides. On the third day i got 3 pimples in that area. I then started just applying bp to that area only , and not putting anything on the rest of my face. To my surprise i got no new pimples whatsoever for a week in the other areas of my face, leading me to believe that my main problem contributing to acne is OIL. I need help from you guys on how to control oil. BP has made my skintone darker and shiner for some reason, and i dont like it. I think i should start with using cetaphil face wash, as the neutrogena one i use right now it too drying. What other things can i use control oil more? I have heard good things about teatree oil, as bp replacement. What other things can you recommend me. I dont believe in bp and salyctic acid anymore or the doctors.

Well to me it seems pointless to try to stop oil with topicals. It makes more sense to stop it from the inside. B5 has helped me ALOT with my oil production but I don't know if you're interested in taking that.

Well to me it seems pointless to try to stop oil with topicals. It makes more sense to stop it from the inside. B5 has helped me ALOT with my oil production but I don't know if you're interested in taking that.

I am considering it, but it will be hard to convince my mom who is a pharmacist that 20g a day is healthy. She told me i should ask my family doctor first, who ofcource will say no.

I want to try other things first.

I don't even think you have to take 20 grams a day. I'm only taking 2 grams at the most and it's working!

well i mistyped idk why i said 20, i meant 10g.