Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chris338877

if i get accutane..

if the derm agrees to get me on tane when i see him march 1st how long is it until i can start taking it? do i get blood work done that day or what?

I think it totally depends on your derm. I have to go through two rounds of blood tests before I can start. Also depends on your gender. I am a female and have to have two different pregnancy test. I also have to go through this I pledge program crap too before I can get my prescription filled.

I went to my derm Feb. 1st and she told me I was going on accutane. I would be surpised if I have taken my first pill by March 1st.

I had to get a complete set of bloodwork, including blood pregnancy test. I only had to get 1 blood pregnancy test because I have an IUD. So it was highly unlikely/almost impossible i was pregnant. I started the accutane after he checked my blood work. Usually you have to have 2 negative preg tests 3-4 weeks apart. Then you can start the med.

Well I'm a dude so I didnt have to go through any of that pregnancy test stuff. I got my presciption one day, got my blood test the next, and started tane the following day.

This is the same for me.

I think it totally depends on your derm. I have to go through two rounds of blood tests before I can start. Also depends on your gender. I am a female and have to have two different pregnancy test. I also have to go through this I pledge program crap too before I can get my prescription filled.

I went to my derm Feb. 1st and she told me I was going on accutane. I would be surpised if I have taken my first pill by March 1st.

Hey, yeah.

That I Pledge program thing for yellow stickers. When does that go into effect and what do I have to do? No one seems to understand what is going on with that over here. I asked my pharmicist (I talk accutane with my pharmacist, he's a cool man and knows me by name, lol. I'm a regular.) on like a whim because my derm only briefly mentioned it. And he wasn't entirely sure. But he was on vacation when the law was passed. I haven't gone back yet... So yeah.

Hey, yeah.

That I Pledge program thing for yellow stickers. When does that go into effect and what do I have to do? No one seems to understand what is going on with that over here. I asked my pharmicist (I talk accutane with my pharmacist, he's a cool man and knows me by name, lol. I'm a regular.) on like a whim because my derm only briefly mentioned it. And he wasn't entirely sure. But he was on vacation when the law was passed. I haven't gone back yet... So yeah.

I think it goes into effect on March 1st. You will get this binder that is filled with papers and 6 dividers. There are a few sheets that you fill out that say you understand the risks of accutane and you have been informed of them by your doctor. There is a registration card in the booklet. When you pregnancy test come back negative and blood work is clear you will get a password from your derm and you will go to the web page and log on. They make you answer a few questions every month. Your pharmacy will check to make sure you have answered the question correctly and you have a prescription for a birht control. You can also only get you prescription filled by pharmacies that are participating in the ipledge program. The give you a list on the website.

Now before any freaks out and tells me this is not true and not what they had to to. I have not particpated in the program yet because I have not had my blood test done yet. I have not done anything w/ the ipledge program yet. I don't know who has to partcipate and who doesn't. I was told it is a required by the government, for girls of chlildbearing age. All the info I have recieved is from my derm.