Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kizmatica

Does Mica age your skin/give you wrinkles etc?

I was just wondering if Mica actually does give you wrinkles/ age your skin etc, as this is what veggie girl said a few months ago

Any ideas?

I don't think any one product can actually give you wrinkles...I think it's just caused from the way you treat your skin, and body in general. And well, sun exposure and genetics mostly. So, I would say no. Mica doesn't cause wrinkles. But I heard it can clog pores in some people.

I was just wondering if Mica actually does give you wrinkles/ age your skin etc, as this is what veggie girl said a few months ago

You must have me mixed up with someone else, I never said mica causes wrinkles or ages the skin.

I have said that mica, due to it's shape and size, can embed in pores and cause breakouts. It can make oily skin look even more oily or wet. It can also make your skin look shiny or white in photographs. Some people are extremely sensitive to it and for them, it can cause redness or itching.