Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STEVEN1

will SA work for my acne?

i basicly have i think 2-3 little bumps on my forehead and old acne red spots , 1 lil bump on my nose , 2-3 lil bumps on my left face , and my cheeks have VERY little bumps about 2 on each side i belive and the only area i think it a problem is my chin.... they eitherare big whiteheads and lil cyts ( white heads ) only white no red bottom or anything , and i have aboue 15-20 lil ones under my skin only when i strech it or in a certain movement u can see them ( i have about 2 visible right now ) now i was wondering would 2.0 SA wash only and throw on some Neutreogna healthy skin mousitirzer ( and maybe bp on few nights or something or maybe no at all to see how SA goes ) , i was wondering if SA would work what does it exactly do? ive heard it exfoliants but how well?

typically SA, if formulated well at the correct pH, will help with mild blackheads and small whiteheads. It won't do much for inflammatory acne, that's where bp works best.

inflammatory is raised, red, painful.

noninflammatory is just a raised bump, without redness or swelling or pain.

if you have tiny bumps, that aren't red or painful, then SA could help.

ok well i have tiny bumps thier not painfull i think in my acne history ( lol ) ive only had 2 painfull cyst's so im wondering if i use a product with SA should it be 2.0? is SA good for the skin i heard it messes up the eye area , should i use bp once in a while and is a the neutrogena moutirizer good for it?post some good sa products if any of you had good exp with them.

and hmm how is this gonna help me like bp is a medicitation that you put on your skin and lasts for hours would a SA cleanser do anything good? or would i need to add bp to my regime or even a SA spot treatment

get a 1-2% one with the right ph.. the only one that comes to mind is paula's choice bha products.. you have to order them online.. they have the right ph and dont contain alcohol.

grr this is annoying , how can i find out what type of acne i have so i can treat it? ive noticed alot of people that are on the regime have cyst's and huge pimpalls , i havnt had a pimpall in a long.. time... or mayb the bp made my skin alot better but i still have lil bummps and stuff :[

maybe i can contiue dan's regime but exfoliate? to get rid of those bumps? what are some good exfoliationg products and how often should they be used ( I have kinda sensitive skin ) ive heard some good things about those St.Ive's scrubs

( woudlnt SA be the best exfoliating technique? )

Steven,

maybe consult a dermatologist.

or, if you don't have acne, but just bumps, you may just need to exfoliate a bit, with some AHA(glycolic acid, lactic acid), or BHA (salicylic acid). For a really good SA wash, look for SalAc Cleanser, available in certain pharmacies. It's made by a dermatological company so I know it is the correct formulation, pH, etc.

o ok should i just wash with purpose bar tonight and apply some SA2.0 gel on my face for tonight ( and moutirizer ) and see how eveyrthing went in the mourning?

I don't know Steven, what gel do you have exactly.

And what exactly does your face look like? Are they just flesh-colored bumps, or red bumps?

ok hmm today i got the littelst pimpall head come up near my chin , ( ive only had 1-2 cytys that went away in a day) so what would you consider my condition? i dont think i have serious acne when i have no big pimpalls or cyts or something like that. if i run my finger down the left part of my face near sideburns i feel 2 lil bumps and rest are 4-5 redmarks from pimpals ive had like 4 months ago ( i guess bp cleared it up? ) and my chin i overaxated by saying 20 i checked again and i have 10 tops ( 2 showing ) under my skin on my chin. thier hard white covered things, are these little cysts? / i have 2-3 veryyy small bumps on my right cheek near eye which you can only see in a certain agnle or spot. my nose has 1 red mark and my forehead has 2-3 bumps but its red and has lil marks that look like scars but i think thier not becuase if i run my finger across my forehead its very smooth with no lil holes that would explain scars but i do feel teh 2 bumps which are either lil pimpalls or clogged pores. and im guessing AHA moustirzer can remove the marks on my forehead if not a chemical peel if its drastic.

so what do you think would be my best acne treatment ( i will have to admit when i did have pimpalls /breakout i think a year or 7 months ago the bp helped me alot ) but now at this stage i just wanna get "Clear".

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/deta...results.=submit

this is the sa gel i was plannign to use just for tonight to see how it goes in the mourning.

well, to be honest, that sounds like acne to me, and some hyperpigmentation (red marks).

How long have you been trying the Regimen? Because it should clear you up if you stick with it long enough. SA rarely totally clears anyone, unless they just have tiny blackheads and very mild clogged pores.

ive been on the regime for about month and half i believe

mourning

Purpose Bar or Cetaphil Gentle cleanser

Night

Purpose Bar

2.5bp ( fingerfull )

neutrogena healthy skin moutirizer

SA works by unclogging pores and threfore prevents most acne. Since it is acidic, it will also kill some bacteria. But i read somewhere that it isnt as effective as BP. When i tried SA, it broke me out.

ive been on the regime for about month and half i believe

mourning

Purpose Bar or Cetaphil Gentle cleanser

Night

Purpose Bar

2.5bp ( fingerfull )

neutrogena healthy skin moutirizer

ah, well, see there's a big red flag.

You are only using the bp once a day, when the Regimen calls for twice daily usage.

yea but i really cant wear bp in the mourning i just cant :[ , you think that its impossible for me to get clear using bp once a day? ive heard of that.

yea but i really cant wear bp in the mourning i just cant :[ , you think that its impossible for me to get clear using bp once a day? ive heard of that.

come back brandY!!

Sorry Steven :shifty: btw, you can PM me if you need me.

okay to answer your question, tell me, WHY can't you wear bp in the morning? The Regimen works best when you do it, twice a day. Most people do require it twice a day, although some can get by with once, but since you are only using it once a day, and are obviously not clear and not happy, then yea, I think you need to do it twice a day.

If you can't do that, then you can't expect optimal results. I'm sorry that's how it is, when I tried to use it only once a day, I began breaking out again, so yea, twice a day really is necessary for most.

becuase i go places , i play spots i change clothes i sweat ( humid gym ) and i dont wnt bp draning down my face :[ , maybe im not using Enough bp? ive been using 1finger maybe 2 fingers full???? , but how can i fit 2 finger full bp on lower part of my face that sounds crazy

If your sporting events are in the afternoon, you can do the a.m. Regimen, then just rinse before your sporting event/practice, that way you won't have to worry about the bp running. Then do the Regimen again at bedtime. Active people usually find a way to work it in.

well im in highschool and i would feel stupid pulling a cleanser out my pocket and washing it in my ghetto gym ahah