Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
golfiscrap

Botanics Pore Moisturizer

In a word, yes. It covers all the bases: non-comedogenic, doesn't contain salicylic acid or mineral oil (a.k.a. liquid paraffin), and I've been using it since I started the regimen a month ago without any problems. Usefully, it contains sunscreen, which is ideal for daytime use to keep us looking young and beautiful.

The only downside is that it doesn't have the anti-flake powers of something like Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion SPF15, which is only available in the States. If you have problems with flakiness see my reply to Janiet53's post about "Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Night Renewal Face Cream with 5% Urea" (dated 13 Feb 06), and please email [email protected] to ask them to stock Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion SPF15 in the UK as soon as possible.

PS: The administrators have revived the UK sub-board of the International Regimen supplies message board that they subsumed in the general message board a few days ago. They seem to have unhelpfully left all of the previous UK posts in the general message board - hopefully they will shift them back to the UK sub-board where they were originally posted. However it will help those of us here in the UK if we all go back to using the UK board in the meantime...

Guest funky_monkey

the international messageboard is in a bit of a pickle at the moment. they really hadnt thought it though.

you could try Botanics Pore Perfecting Night Gel Cream 50mls. Its oil free, non pore blocking and contains BHA which exfoliates.

In a word, yes. It covers all the bases: non-comedogenic, doesn't contain salicylic acid or mineral oil (a.k.a. liquid paraffin), and I've been using it since I started the regimen a month ago without any problems. Usefully, it contains sunscreen, which is ideal for daytime use to keep us looking young and beautiful.

The only downside is that it doesn't have the anti-flake powers of something like Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion SPF15, which is only available in the States. If you have problems with flakiness see my reply to Janiet53's post about "Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Night Renewal Face Cream with 5% Urea" (dated 13 Feb 06), and please email [email protected] to ask them to stock Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion SPF15 in the UK as soon as possible.

PS: The administrators have revived the UK sub-board of the International Regimen supplies message board that they subsumed in the general message board a few days ago. They seem to have unhelpfully left all of the previous UK posts in the general message board - hopefully they will shift them back to the UK sub-board where they were originally posted. However it will help those of us here in the UK if we all go back to using the UK board in the meantime...

whats [email protected] i dont think theres anywhere in the UK that stock that Eucerin? :(

The only downside is that it doesn't have the anti-flake powers

thats very true it didnt do nothing for my flakes but a good starter moisturiser for the regimen

Eucerin products are available in the UK, definitely in Boots and probably elsewhere. You can find at least some of the range on www.boots.com. However the only range available here seems to be the Eucerin Dry Skin range, not the Eucerin Skin Renewal range (the latter is the US range for skin with acne tendencies, while the Dry Skin range is obviously for people whose only problem is dry skin and at least some of their products are definitely too rich for me).

Beiersdorf are the manufacturers of Eucerin internationally - you can find them easily by searching on "eucerin manufacturer" on google. The email address I gave is their address in the UK - they would consider stocking US products here (like Dan's recommended Eucerin moisturiser) if people were interested, which is why it would be useful for the people on these messageboards looking for good moisturisers in the UK to email them.

the international messageboard is in a bit of a pickle at the moment. they really hadnt thought it though.

you could try Botanics Pore Perfecting Night Gel Cream 50mls. Its oil free, non pore blocking and contains BHA which exfoliates.

em ok,

i have de boots botanics stuff now. when i put it on 2day my face went realy red.that never happened before when i used it.. i do however have the flue at the moment. and im sitting very close to the fire. does heat effect how this stuff works? Also im using the new batch of bp.