Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bugmenot

Is it okay to miss a few applications?

I'm gonna cut down this post really short. Can i miss a few applications a week (friday and saturday night applications most likely) and possibly the odd saturday or sunday morning application?

i did that when my skin was so dry that nothing could save it. i took a few days break from applying BP just to get back in balance. i think i had a few pimples show up, but they were quickly crushed. so, yes, its okay, but you could experience a bit of a breakout.

I beg to differ... whenever I am out partying and i pass out i wake up with a horrible break out..... but then again I didnt even get to wash my face the nights of drinking so I guess as long as ur washing your better off than my drunk ass

Every time in high school that I stayed out partying all weekend and didn't get a chance to wash my makeup off and apply lotion (this was before my skin got REALLY bad so not BP, but I think I was using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion), I would have pretty bad skin for a while. It's okay to miss a few BP applications in the sense that you won't die or you won't have to start a completely new tube (birth control analogy), but you'll probably pay the price of new acne if you apply BP only sporadically.

I missed one application just this past Sunday morning and had a few little buggers pop up by this morning. Nothing major, though... still, I'm going to not miss any applications if I don't have to.

Alright. I was asking because I did the regimen for about a month, before giving it up because i missed a few applications over the weekend, and then you feel that when you've missed a few apps, you have broken some unbreakable goal you set for yourself. So, now its 3 weeks later, my acne is the worst that its been in 5 years, and i'm wondering if i should go back on it knowing that i am going to miss friday and saturday night applications. Although, i could apply at about noon on a saturday, and then again at 6 on a saturday].

in my experience, as long as you do the regimen twice a day on the saturday you will be fine as long as you don't put any cover up on.

don't give up. it does work and it does wonders for your self esteem. so in the end it is worth whatever you give up on the weekends.