Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicoleveer

Synthetic brush exfoliation for scar tissue

Has anyone seen the (long) thread in the "over the counter products" section about synthetic brush exfoliation? Has anyone tried it on scars? I mean, would it act like a mild dermabrasion? I tried the method a couple of months ago on existing spots I had, and it did work abit, but my skin got quite sore and dry so Ive layed off it for a while, but I cant make up my mind whether it has actually done some good on smoothing out the pitted appearance on my cheeks? Has anyone else tried it on scar tissue, and whats your opinion?

Ok, so if no one has tried this mehod on pitted/indented scars, does anyone have an opinion on whether it could actually work on smoothing out the scars???

I believe skin brushing is good for you. I use a brush on my whole body and then I have a specific facial brush (I think it is made of boar hairs). Is this the type of brushing you are talking about? It's exfoliation but I think a safer exfoliation, no use of products. Haven't seen any improvement in scars, but I do think it is good for you, and it feels good too! :D

Well I posted the same question on the "over the counter" thread and the girl who started that whole thread responded by saying she feels that the brushing has also helped smooth out her indented scars and she has posted before and after pictures which I think look pretty positive. I think I might just keep up with this brushing method, cos although Im not 100% sure that its worked I really do THINK its improved the texture of my skin and smoothed out SOME of the indents. Its hard to tell - you know how skin looks different in different lights etc.