Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STEVEN1

on the regime and tanning beds

ok so heres what i do , only @ night i wash my face with purpose bar ( in the mourning also but only clense in the mourning ) , wait15min's then put Neutroegna ots 2.5bp , then Neutroegna Healthy Skin Lotion ( Aha , SPF15 , and vitamins ) , now is it ok to go tanning in hte day time? ive heard bp increases sun sensitivyt also does AHA , but should i just slap on some neutreogna spf15 before i enter the bed like an hour ( but it still contains AHA ) someone who has exp with this please help

Guest PokaHotAz

ugh... u should avoid that :wacko:

i think that if u really wanna get some color in ya... maybe not do the regimen 2 days prior to tanning ...

i dunno...i seriously dont think its such a great idea... up to u though

i know its a bad a idea but tannign is bad in general so i dont care but just wanted to know what could happen and waht should i use before stepping in to the tanning bed.

Guest PokaHotAz

u could irritate the hell out of ur skin... a very burnt red face is my guess

Stay away from tanning beds, especially when using BP, it already dries out your skin, tanning will just accelarate the dryness which could eventually lead to permanent skin damage.

Tanning beds are for assholes anyways, if you ask me. I mean, there's a big fucking sun that shines every day.

But on the topic, I'd avoid tanning beds. You could try it but you should put on a whole lot of SPF before you do...but then wouldn't you just not even get a tan? I don't know. I guess your body would.

I've been on the regimen for about 5 months and went to the tanning bed for the first time a few weeks ago. .I got burnt needless to say but I stayed in for way longer than I should, that was my biggest problem. I didn't apply any bp for nearly two days and eventually everything was alright. .Personally, I think tanning is fine as long as you do it in moderation, of course, don't put bp on right before you go but just be careful and don't over do it. .Good luck

go tanning, you'll be fine. if you feel like you're burning or getting hot or anything put a towel over your face or get your ass out of there. maybe work in tanning times right before you'd do your regimine, like early morning before you wash your face or evening when everytthing's at its least powerful. i tanned on brevoxyl and retin A and fade cream and god knows what else, now i'm tanning on accutane. you'll be fine.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Just think of this as putting another deforming skin disorder on lay-away. Just be patient, it will come eventually.

Just think of this as putting another deforming skin disorder on lay-away. Just be patient, it will come eventually.

i have to agree.

when i tanned in the summer my acne went away, period. and no nothing was masked. I'd look at my face under bright bright bright light where the skin looks white no matter what and there were no pimples.

when i tanned in the summer my acne went away, period. and no nothing was masked. I'd look at my face under bright bright bright light where the skin looks white no matter what and there were no pimples.

In looking back on my past six years fighting acne, I have to agree with ludacrisss' findings 100%. Actually before I began the regimen, I used tanning as my sole acne treatment and I was completely clear. The regimen has never allowed my skin to be completely clear unless I combined it with tanning.

I tan while on the regimen. Even with the SPF lotion on my face I still tan and become more clear. I find it is better to rinse the spf moisturizer and the bp off of the skin before tanning. I even put some of that heavy tanning lotion on my face (hempz brand) and my face remained clear.

As far as tanning causing wrinkes.. It is true that UV exposure causes aging of the skin. Your skin is going to age no matter what you do though. When I weigh the benefits and drawbacks it boils down to this: Disfiguring acne now, scars later, and wrinkles anyway; or clear skin now, no scars later, premature wrinkles when I'm older and that shit doesn't matter anyway. Wrinkles are accepted by society, acne is heavily frowned upon. I'll take the clear skin now, and when I look back at my life and realize that it allowed me to enjoy my youth, I will have not a single regret.