Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi folks. Help may benefit others as well, so yeah.

I have this medium/big big zit. I got it on Saturday night (or first noticed it) and immediately iced it, then totally globbed BP on it. It pretty much hurt all day sunday without me even touching it, like I could just feel it there. It doesn't hurt anymore, (today is monday) but I can definitely feel it if I touch it. It has not come to a head, and I am wondering:

Should I:

Try to bring it to a head so I can pop/empty it

OR

Totally BP the heck out of it

From my very similar experience with a DIFFERENT zit, I just BP'd it completely and it never came to a head, but just sits under the surface STILL, as a dark mark which is still sort of 3D, but not really noticable.

I would really like to just rid myself of it ASAP, but I'm not popping it till I know for sure.

I would really appreciate some help with this, if that's ok. I know it's pathetic, but it's pretty imoprtant for me and probably a lot of other people.

Also, if I catch another one coming up in the future, is there any way to bring it to a head faster instead of having to endure the huge zit for 2-3 days before it starts fading?

Thanks!

dude, try this tonight. it should be at least half gone by tomorrow. bactine shrinks and heals incredibly well and a bandaid also makes the healing time speed up significantly.

if you get a box of those tiny round bandaids, and a bottle of *liquid* spray bactine. apply bactine liberally to a q-tip, then saturate the breakout with it. if bactine gets on the surrounding skin, just dab it with a dry q-tip so the bandaid will stick. then apply the lil round bandaid and leave it on until the next morning. I'd be willing to bet u 20$ that if you took this route instead of hitting it with bp or popping it, you'll have MUCH much better result with it in the morning. this is the #1 thing I do when I have a big one and it works like magic.

good luck!!!

Guest PokaHotAz

true... i'll definitely try this myself too

lol... god u should see my product drawer...i have all kinds of products... now i will add some tiny round band-aids and some bactine... i have some but the bottle is running low

yeh someone named JD suggested bactine a while back on the board...and I gave it a go under a bandaid one night. woke up the next morning with a tiny little scab speck, then the next day it was totally gone. works every time. very nice :D

it seems to work for lots of peope :think: plus, if you have one that does pop, then using bactine and a bandaid should prevent the spread of infection-bc zits can cause more zits right nearby every time you pop. it happens like clockwork.

Guest PokaHotAz

TRUE! sounds awesome... cant wait to try this out... well i dont want the enormous zit... but ...ah u get what i mean

What a great idea---Especially if you're like me--where one zit gets lonely and the next morning, brings three friends to give me extra companions.

For me, zits tend to travel together----- *sigh* I like this idea though, I shall try it myself.

Guest PokaHotAz
Dude, can I get this at CVS? I go there all the time. I will BIKE THERE if they have it.

hell yea u'll find it there... it should be in the first aid section.. like where the band aids are n stuff, peroxide, alcohol, etc

What a great idea---Especially if you're like me--where one zit gets lonely and the next morning, brings three friends to give me extra companions.

For me, zits tend to travel together----- *sigh* I like this idea though, I shall try it myself.

LOL, you're absolutely right... I've been looking back over my photos and I'm gonna compile a bunch to show how every time I had a spot that popped, I would always have a handful more right nearby without fail within the next 2-3 weeks. it's something that seems unavoidable if it pops and any liquid gets on the surrounding skin. that's why I'm so careful after washing if I have any breakouts, to make sure they're not actively weeping, because I know I used to pop and then wash and then apply this acne cream beneath that moisturizer...and I know it was spreading that stuff around on my face back then, causing zits all over. I just didn't attribute it to that because I seemed to get a new zit every day :evil:

let me know how it works for u guys :pray:

i live in the uk what is this bactine stuff? i have a spot under my nose its under the skin so i darnt pop it but its sore!!! i no how 2 get the plasters... do u mean stuff like tcp???

Don't let it discourage you, but I don't think the bactine did fuck all for me... Well, it's partially because I fucked with my zits, but I didn't get the results like... at all. I nuked the zit with 10% BP and now the surrounding skin is all red and like burnt-out. It's fucking gigantic. Damnit, why the fuck does this always happen. I have to wear a fucking band-aid.

and a bottle of *liquid* spray bactine.

You mean like *alcohol*, right? I guess that that isn't a safe way for acne skin, it exactly bother acne more and take all the important skin own oils away.