Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
**Princess**

**TEENAGE MAGAZINES MAKE DOCTERS SOUND LIKE MIRACLE WORKERS**

THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY MAN!! i remember being 15 and moaning to my friends about my pimples and acne they were always nice tho and were like i cant even see them when i know they could. i always used to envy my friend of how she always used to look so flawless and beautiful even at the end of the day. i remeber how she used to look in the mirror with all the confidence in the world and ask me if i wanted to currow the mirror and i couldnt even or didnt want to know what i looked like. i used to use the siloutte of a window, that was enough at least i couldnt see what i looked like at least i could just then imagine perfect skin. i remeber that she came to the docters with me the first time and supported me and told me my skin was improving but what the fuck magazines now a days are always answering readers problems go to the docters they can get rid of ur skin problems i mean is this a joke?!!? doctors dont do anything to try and help ur skin they just perscribe u something to shut u up then pass u on ur way. i hate the way 3 years ago i had the false impression of being clear in a few weeks when 3 years down the line im still suffereing but with deeper obbsesive and emotional problems WHY IS SKIN SO IMPORTANT I WANT THIS OBBSESSION TO GO I WANT ACNE TO GO I WONDER HOW MANY TIMES A DAY I THINK THIS ---- LOST COUNT

SORRY TO BE NEGATIVE BUT SOMEDAYS I JUST WANNA GIVE UP

im going to start writing a book about how acne sufferes really feel if anyone wants to put accross some of their opinions to me then it will be great. as long as u dont mind other people reading them. its going to kind of be like an auto biography of a life with acne. i want it to be published its a hard goal to achieve but im gonna go for it ... support would be great thank u and im sorry that u have to put up with my neagtive rants x x x x x

im going to start writing a book about how acne sufferes really feel if anyone wants to put accross some of their opinions to me then it will be great. as long as u dont mind other people reading them. its going to kind of be like an auto biography of a life with acne. i want it to be published its a hard goal to achieve but im gonna go for it ... support would be great thank u and im sorry that u have to put up with my neagtive rants x x x x x

Writing coherent posts with some regard to conventions of spelling and capitalization will be the first of many steps for you to take.

I think you idea of writing a book is really cool. I know what you mean about the magazine thing. It's like, blah blah blah, clearasil, blah, 'If that doesn't work then you can go tot he doctors and THEN it'll all be okay! ' I just generally snigger when I read that bit and think to myself 'lol they don't tell you it will take like 10 friggn years to get clear!'

Guest Gentle~Rain

Writing coherent posts with some regard to conventions of spelling and capitalization will be the first of many steps for you to take.

spell check was invented for a reason, party pooper ;)

Guest Spike Rose

You don't have to be a d-bag. F*ck off, let the girl vent.

[off-topic self-righteous rant] If she wants to write unreadable crap and vent in her own private journal, I say go for it. When you ask others to read and respond to what you have written, though, you show them complete disrespect by obscuring your ideas with excessive chatroom slang, tons of misspellings, made-up words, and a lack of punctuation. I couldn't even parse this sentence from the original post: "i remeber how she used to look in the mirror with all the confidence in the world and ask me if i wanted to currow the mirror and i couldnt even or didnt want to know what i looked like. " What is she trying to say? I might have some thoughts about what she said, but I couldn't even READ it, let alone understand it and respond. You should never ask for feedback without putting thought into what you say. [/off-topic self-righteous rant]

When you ask others to read and respond to what you have written, though, you show them complete disrespect by obscuring your ideas with excessive chatroom slang, tons of misspellings, made-up words, and a lack of punctuation.

I actually agree with this. People bang on about how it doesn't matter if you can't write very well...but this is a message board. The nature of communication is entirely textual. How you write is actually very important. Personally I don't care whether people bother capitalizing or throw in the odd misspelling/typo, as long as they communicate well I find that it makes no difference to the clarity of their posts. But when it's almost universally difficult to read, that presents a problem.

That isn't to say that people who don't write well don't have a right to be here - far from it. I'm just saying that if they spent more time on their posts and others knew what the hell they were talking about more than 50% of the time, they might get more out of it.

Still, I'm sure the "u"s and "ur"s will prevail around here. :)

s'cool. :)

Well, at least you don't see alot of 'WASSUP IN DA HIZZOUZ?! YO, HOMIE G-DAWG FUNK!'

Okay, my slang is so way off it's frightening. Never mind me.

Try being 13 with acne in a sea of rich kids, where everyone but you is rich and can afford expensive skin treatments and microdermabrasion and such. Try being 1 out of a handful of kids in your entire school with acne. It is awful, I am so fortunate to only have mild/moderate though. I have tried so many OTC items with no help. Clean and Clear, Clearasil, Proactiv, Neutrogena, etc... I've been dealing with this since I was 9. I'm turning to holistic routines for my skin and starting it very soon, I find that these OTC products are far to drying and our skin wasn't meant for things such as this, and we should go the way God intended it. Such as lots of fruit, veggies, water, maybe some vitamin E, aloe, etc..

[off-topic self-righteous rant] If she wants to write unreadable crap and vent in her own private journal, I say go for it. When you ask others to read and respond to what you have written, though, you show them complete disrespect by obscuring your ideas with excessive chatroom slang, tons of misspellings, made-up words, and a lack of punctuation. I couldn't even parse this sentence from the original post: "i remeber how she used to look in the mirror with all the confidence in the world and ask me if i wanted to currow the mirror and i couldnt even or didnt want to know what i looked like. " What is she trying to say? I might have some thoughts about what she said, but I couldn't even READ it, let alone understand it and respond. You should never ask for feedback without putting thought into what you say. [/off-topic self-righteous rant]

Want me to translate?

'I remember when an old chum of mine used to look into her mirror, full of confidence. Then, she would ask me if I would like to borrow her mirror. I declined, because I did not not like the appearance of my own visage.'

She was upset, give her a break. If you really need to correct her, try not to be a bitch about it.

You know, I don't often feel that way about my acne. But I do feel *EXACTLY* that way about many other things. Why do I continually think about it? Why does this upset me? Why can't I just shrug it off like everyone else?

Well, because it hurts. That's why.

And that is why we have these boards, to vent, to share, to talk.

I'm going to try to go back to the purpose of the original post...

I remember thinking derms would work miracles. In fact, I used to get a very small amount of breakouts when I was about 14, and I remember thinking, "I want to go to a dermatologist, but then my skin will look too perfect, and everyone will know I went." Don't know what I was smoking...

First, who cares if people know I went to a derm?

Secondly, derms are really pointless other than writing a few words on a piece of paper, for the most part when it comes to acne.

THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY MAN!! i remember being 15 and moaning to my friends about my pimples and acne they were always nice tho and were like i cant even see them when i know they could. i always used to envy my friend of how she always used to look so flawless and beautiful even at the end of the day. i remeber how she used to look in the mirror with all the confidence in the world and ask me if i wanted to currow the mirror and i couldnt even or didnt want to know what i looked like. i used to use the siloutte of a window, that was enough at least i couldnt see what i looked like at least i could just then imagine perfect skin. i remeber that she came to the docters with me the first time and supported me and told me my skin was improving but what the fuck magazines now a days are always answering readers problems go to the docters they can get rid of ur skin problems i mean is this a joke?!!? doctors dont do anything to try and help ur skin they just perscribe u something to shut u up then pass u on ur way. i hate the way 3 years ago i had the false impression of being clear in a few weeks when 3 years down the line im still suffereing but with deeper obbsesive and emotional problems WHY IS SKIN SO IMPORTANT I WANT THIS OBBSESSION TO GO I WANT ACNE TO GO I WONDER HOW MANY TIMES A DAY I THINK THIS ---- LOST COUNT

SORRY TO BE NEGATIVE BUT SOMEDAYS I JUST WANNA GIVE UP

I have been on antibiotics, zineryt, differin and now I'm taking Dianette.

My GP did not suggest a single one. I did. She just doesn't have a clue.

Teenage magazines are full of crap. I advise you stop reading them - if you weren't preoccupied with your acne, I can guarantee your weight or your face shape or something else would be bothering you, thanks to the perfect Barbie doll comics.

I'm going to try to go back to the purpose of the original post...

I remember thinking derms would work miracles. In fact, I used to get a very small amount of breakouts when I was about 14, and I remember thinking, "I want to go to a dermatologist, but then my skin will look too perfect, and everyone will know I went." Don't know what I was smoking...

First, who cares if people know I went to a derm?

Secondly, derms are really pointless other than writing a few words on a piece of paper, for the most part when it comes to acne.

yeah. me too. i really don't give a crap if people know i went to a dermatologist. i think it's normal..it's like saying you went to the doctor.

I picked up a teen magazine the other day and realized I didn't recognize the teen heartthrob on it.

I felt old.

Same thing has been happening to me. Oh well, it's really a good thing we don't recognize them.

lol. I remember my teen crushes. They were PAINFUL. Straight out, altogether PAINFUL. Unrequited and completely obbessive.

Gawd, so glad to be rid of that urge.

Guest Akira

Teen mags make me chuckle, the way they completely dig into a celebrities flaws to make themselves look big. A celebrity could have a minor skin problem or a small bump on their stomach and they will completely rip them apart "Look who's a fat bastard!" or "Pass the soap Spotty!" (Like soap would work)

As for writing a book, I think thats a good idea, I haven't seen any publications of such a document and think it would be a smashing idea (Sorry for talking like a nonce, trying to please all the grammar police out there)

I'd be happy to offer my personal experience with acne and would be happy to join in the fun of slagging off every medical professional out their for clearly having no fucking clue as to why acne exists and how to cure it.

lol. I remember my teen crushes. They were PAINFUL. Straight out, altogether PAINFUL. Unrequited and completely obbessive.

Gawd, so glad to be rid of that urge.

Sad to say, I'm not quite out of it. I've had a semi-obsession with Conor Oberst for the last 3 years. I've been trying to tame it, and I've done all right. I haven't spent that much time looking for pics of him, haven't bought magazines with him on it, etc. At least I met him. I just love what he does and his appeal, straight up...and yes, he is on my desktop... :shifty:

I remember thinking derms would work miracles. In fact, I used to get a very small amount of breakouts when I was about 14, and I remember thinking, "I want to go to a dermatologist, but then my skin will look too perfect, and everyone will know I went."

That's so funny! :lol:

wow i havent been on the message board for a few days, i am sorry that my grammer, spelling and punctuation is not the best but thats just me... you know some people are not all brainy and full of education even tho most of my mistakes were just typos but maybe i am just not brainy and all punctual like most people ---- infact why am i even apologising 2 u guys ... people are always telling eveyone one u r who u r and im not some really brainy A************* student so get over it..... even if i am just some crazy dumb bimbo imn not bothered and if i was bothered i would be on a lets get brainy chat room, i am here because i care about my skin---- GOT IT X