Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primo1

body builders with NON-oily skin...

i know that body building cause us to produce even more testosterone, then why other body bulding people have non-oily skin??? i mean testosterone is one of the most responsible for us to produce sebum right??? i just dont get it! :confused: i also have a friend who now has been body building for four years and he has a perfect non-oily, acne free skin! and also other people who EVEN takes testosterone supplements (to bulk them up more) have non-oily skin! (thinking that would have SO MUCH excess testosterone) look at the wrestlers also, im sure they work-out very hard and take loads of drugs including steroids but have perfect skin! isn't testosterone the culprit??? then why??? im only asking about the oily skin and not about the testosterone-acne relation because i know acne isn't just caused by excess testosterone. any help/clarifications would help me SO MUCH. thanks! :D

I wonder the same thing myself. I believe our acne is due to other causes. It could be genetics, or maybe we just worry too much. I stopped caring so much, and my acne is actually fading over all these years. I think once our bodies reach a certain age, then testosterone doesn't play a role in acne. Male's testosterone starts to decline around the age 27. Also, everyone ages differently, thus our bodies mature at different ages.

i read somewhere that your blood sugar level drops alot.... so for a post work work out you need a simple sugar like an apple and it eat it slowly so you get your blood sugar back to normal. then you can eat a regular meal to rebuild. if you notice you breakout from working out maybe try this i dunno if it will help i just started working out myself and im not that crazy to be all muscular just gain a few lbs. but here is the link i found actually from this website way back in the archives yesterday.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/wi...opportunity.htm

I know I hate when other gym rats have perfect skin and my skin looks oily and like shit.

Like Arnold, that guy was jacked up on Steriods, that are known to produce acne, yet his skin never had 1 blemish :mad:

I know I hate when other gym rats have perfect skin and my skin looks oily and like shit.

Like Arnold, that guy was jacked up on Steriods, that are known to produce acne, yet his skin never had 1 blemish :mad:

agreed!

why oh why!?! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: