Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Veen

bad protein digestion

I seem to have problems digesting protein. But I dont wanna cut egga, chicken, fish and cottage cheese out of my diet....

Any tips for improving digestion? What could be the cause?? maybe Im low on stomach acids?

I seem to have problems digesting protein. But I dont wanna cut egga, chicken, fish and cottage cheese out of my diet....

Any tips for improving digestion? What could be the cause?? maybe Im low on stomach acids?

i can digest meat but not fruit and veg. The total opposite. I was thinking i might be low on stomach acid too.

apple cider vinegar and pure fresh lemon juice are said to help with better digestion when one has low stomach acid. i think this may be why i have noted success drinking so much lemon water lately.

you can also try taking some digestive enzymes to see if they help.

Liverflushing did more for my digestion than ANYTHING. I've taken digestive enzymes for years and still couldn't digest red meat very well at all.

Ive tried digestive enzymes, but they dont help that much. My carbs and fat digestion is fine. (had a stool test)

Im taking acv and lemon now and then, but cant see real effects of it.

I wanna try liverflushing. But I dont wanna use colonics/enema. Is that possible?

Yeah, Kaleidescope just did 2 salt water flushes after and she didn't break out, so i don't think enemas are essential.

you might want to space out your high protein meals a bit more.. that could be a problem.. a lot of people have problems digesting high amounts of protein at once.

It's almost definitely low stomach acids. You have to have an alkaline PH to produce enough stomach acids.

http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php?p=default&cat=45#a39

http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php?p=default&cat=45#a39

Then again, liver flushing also really improves digestion. I tend to have a lot of digestion issues and my digestion was better than it'd been in awhile right after my liver flush.

And yeah, salt water flushes are enough after liver flushes.

Thanks for that link.

"If food gets into the colon partially digested, bacteria goes to work to break it down. This causes gas, microbial imbalances, and over time, mucoid placque or systemic candidiasis."

Overgrowth of bacteria living on protein in my bowels causing gas, thats definetely my problem. I get really bloated...

Im gonna try the HCL betaine

Could you tell me what you did before, during and after the liver flush? And did you cleanse your bowels first?

Could you tell me what you did before, during and after the liver flush? And did you cleanse your bowels first?

The only major bowel cleansing I did prior to liver flushing was Oxy-Powder. I went through one bottle (and I mostly fasted for 1-2 weeks of that). I did take some fiber shakes with laxatives, but I never did that very consistently, so I never saw any "mucoid plaque" or anything. But, I did make sure that I was having at least 2 bowel movements a day before I started liver flushing. This took diet changes and TIME.

See this post for the procedure I use: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...76entry948576

Except I actually fast on water and apple juice the day of the liver flush, instead of eating until 2:00.

Also, I fast the day AFTER the flush, so that I can do another salt water flush at night (to make sure that all the stones and toxins are out).

Do you really reckon you have to fast all day in order to do a second SWF? I'm really not good at fasting AT ALL...

Also, do you think the SWFs get the toxins out completely or would it be advisable to use Oxy Powder / prunes etc for a couple of days? I'm not clear as to whether the toxins ALL come out the night of flushing, or whether they continue to come out for a few days??

Do you really reckon you have to fast all day in order to do a second SWF? I'm really not good at fasting AT ALL...

I don't feel like it's safe to eat much and do a SWF the same day. Because the SWF pushes everything out, and if you ate something, say, 6 hours before that, it will come out undigested! That's not good. What you could do is have liquid foods that are somewhat filling, like Shelley's protein drink (basically rice milk and raw organic eggs), and yogurt or kefir.

Also, do you think the SWFs get the toxins out completely or would it be advisable to use Oxy Powder / prunes etc for a couple of days? I'm not clear as to whether the toxins ALL come out the night of flushing, or whether they continue to come out for a few days??

It would be great to do all of those things. If you only want to do 1 SWF, then do it the morning after a LF. Take Oxy-Powder that night, and maybe for another day. (If you do it this way, you wouldn't have to fast at all after LFs.) And drink some prune juice for a few days after that if you want.

The toxins (and even the stones) can continue to come out for a couple of days afterward.