Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CAMPBELLS

Dan...BP and tattoos?

Dan maybe you know somebody you could ask about this or maybe somebody here knows.

Can the BP damage a tattoo at all? Maybe fade it or anything like that? It's not like I'm applying BP directly to them or even anywhere near them, but for example if a little dry BP residue gets on your sheets and your tattoo is against that. Was curious on that one because I don't want to do damage to my tattoos. Thanks much.

I would think unless you slathered it on, you would be fine. But I could be wrong - couldn't hurt to call up your tatooer and ask.

Good question, as I'm fixing on my next tatoo here in the coming year........

Wow, what a good question. I have no idea really. Hopefully someone will pipe in.

Guest PokaHotAz

umm... like elsewhere said... uness ur slathering it directly onm the tatoo ... it really should be fine

stop worrying about petty things, u'll give urself a migraine

stop worrying about petty things, u'll give urself a migraine

lol How is that petty? Do you know how much tattoos cost especially if you have a bunch of them? Not to mention getting them redone would cost again and you having to go through the process and healing twice :naughty::cool:

But yeah those were my thoughts too that as long as it wasn't applied directly on them that it'd be okay. I do know that the ink is in the dermis layer of skin. Does the BP go that far into your skin?

Just curious is all.

I can't imagine a miniscule amount of BP would damage or alter the healing process of a tattoo. Good question though, you have to be careful with tattoos ;). What did you get?

Got a few....the latest is a custom firebird/trans am logo. Working on 2 full sleeves though coming up in a few months which is really why I asked the question in the first place :)

Got a few....the latest is a custom firebird/trans am logo. Working on 2 full sleeves though coming up in a few months which is really why I asked the question in the first place :)

Oh, I thought you had a tattoo on your face like our favorite boxer of all time Iron Mike Tyson. Kinda disappointed now. :(

BP gel will not hurt a tat2 unless it is fesh and has not healed.DO NOT USE BP ON A NEW TAT2.It will bleach out the ink.But I have 12 tats and use BP on them at times if I have a break out in the area.I have been doing it for years and mine are still as clear as day one.The worst thing for a tat2 is the sun.The sun will fade the piss out of a tat2.I suggest using the lotion with SPF15 on your tats every time they will be exposed to the sun.Of course the more SPF the better protection you will have.But if you want to get a slight tan in the tats area then use atleast a SPF15.I use a SPF30 on my tats to get good protection.I don't want my blacks turning green.And if you don't protect them they will.

Hell yeah... you got a firebird/TA logo. I was thinking of getting one as well. weeeeee!