Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scarredforelife

People with perfect skin, just dont know what it's like

I am sick and tired of being stared at like Im some monster. I am sick of my co-workers at work giving me gross sickening stares everyday. I am sick of people judging me by my skin and because its not perfectly flawless. :( right now, I cant even walk around the office to talk to people, because my face is always under the microscope and people dont even look me in the eye when talking to me, rather just focus in on my bad skin.

I work with about 60 other people in my office. I can only recall two, maybe three other people with acne. Everyone else has perfectly flawless baby skin, not one single flaw on their faces. These are the people who take flawless skin for granted and look at me like im absolutely disgusting. :| I am so below them because of my skin. I am not normal, whatever... :wacko:

There is not one single thing in this world, that I hate more than neon lights. How are these things even still being used? :confused: The image it gives off, is not even natural! Everything is so misleading under neon lights. And here, I have to sit under them for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week so everyone can be grossened by my face like Im some mutant. :cry:

People with no acne what so ever or even any skin problems for that matter, just dont know what its like to be a victim of this. :( They just dont know :wall:

I dont think i could have put that any better myself. It would be nice now and again to be put on a level playing field with others and not looked at in an odd way and made to fell like it is my fault....maybe it is my fault, i dont know. But i cant change it for anyone just like i cant change who I am either.

Although sometimes (alot recently) it would be nice if i could. :cry:

Guest Tenshi

dont worry..i look in certain lights and i feel sick..like i wanna cry or throw up

Guest Excalibur

Your skin doesn't define you, your personality does. Stephen Hawking dumped his wife and "ran" off with his mistress. His condition is far worse than ours, and he can get on with it! What an inspiration!

We have to play the cards we're dealt. We've been given bad skin....so what are you doing about it? Venting on an acne forum may let you release some tension, but it's not gonna help much is it? So what are you doing, what have you tried?

Guy, I work in a call center with like 400 people, and they all have perfect skin except maybe me and a few other people. I'm the only one with acne, some other people just have fucked up skin. Basically I feel like "the guy with acne." I can tell you what made me able to keep working when I almost decided I wanted to quit and just stay home or find a job where I could work with as few people as possible: When I look around, I can pick out any person who has perfect skin and find something that they don't have that I do have. For example - I'm younger than this person, funnier than that guy, smarter than Joe, better looking than whoever. Some people may have perfect skin but maybe other than that their life is totally fucked. Trust me, I'd rather be the guy with acne than the goofball who stares at people with acne or makes fun of them, cause at the end of the day no one is gonna have any respect for that guy.

Haha.

I agree with Chron.

I may be ugly as shit, but I've got a lot of things that others don't.

I see guys who could easily get chicks because they're good looking -- but they have no confidence, no skill, no clue as to what they're doing. I do. People often ask me if I'm a virgin, or if I've even kissed a girl -- no, I'm not, and yes, I have, many times. They're honestly surprised that anybody would touch me. I may be ugly and act retarded but I know what I'm doing. If I looked better, that would only be adding to my awesomeness.

Yes, they don't. But also, we don't know how it feels to have cancer, aids or amputated arms.

You will realize how precious something is when you lose it.

I wrote something similar a while ago. It was regarding a post about letting yourself go:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ugh...now I have mixed feelings on this. People just judge me too much and find my scars sickening. Damn the fluorescent lights at school, peoples' wandering eyes and basic instincts. I really feel sick now. This stuff really begins to wear on you day after day. I feel as if my soul is clinically an alcoholic. Even on the best of days, my chi flow can be explained as lack luster at best.

I feel bad about complaining about this, but I truly feel as if this is something I can't control. I can't make people not able to see what I am. Even I hate myself when I look in the bathroom mirrors at school. I wonder to myself, "everyone must look like crap too under these lights," but when I look over at the teenage boys next to me with their fresh, smooth and soft faces then look forward to see my tight, dry, red marked, scarred face it just totally warps my character. I am NOT my scars, but yet, there they are. Wearing away at all that is me. Slowly torturing my soul until it has no choice but to yeild to it's caustic properties. The truth is, people's perceptions of you based on looks and their actions towards you change you over time whether you like it or not. The child who is always treated nicely, receives compliments, and is generally encouraged to be free with himself will have the advantage over the child called it. He is free to sculpt his place in society while I am not.

I wrote something similar a while ago. It was regarding a post about letting yourself go:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ugh...now I have mixed feelings on this. People just judge me too much and find my scars sickening. Damn the fluorescent lights at school, peoples' wandering eyes and basic instincts. I really feel sick now. This stuff really begins to wear on you day after day. I feel as if my soul is clinically an alcoholic. Even on the best of days, my chi flow can be explained as lack luster at best.

I feel bad about complaining about this, but I truly feel as if this is something I can't control. I can't make people not able to see what I am. Even I hate myself when I look in the bathroom mirrors at school. I wonder to myself, "everyone must look like crap too under these lights," but when I look over at the teenage boys next to me with their fresh, smooth and soft faces then look forward to see my tight, dry, red marked, scarred face it just totally warps my character. I am NOT my scars, but yet, there they are. Wearing away at all that is me. Slowly torturing my soul until it has no choice but to yeild to it's caustic properties. The truth is, people's perceptions of you based on looks and their actions towards you change you over time whether you like it or not. The child who is always treated nicely, receives compliments, and is generally encouraged to be free with himself will have the advantage over the child called it. He is free to sculpt his place in society while I am not.

How you look is who you are. People are not capable of assessing your personality as distinct from your physical appearance, and what they often mistakenly attribute as being qualities of "personality" in fact have more to do with your appearance:

An attractive person is "kind," an unattractive person is "obsequious;" Your non-talkative clear-skinned friends are "reserved" or "mysterious," while your chubby, acne-plagued friends exhibiting the same behavior are "bashful," "mousy" and "socially inept;" the sexy high school cheerleader who constantly acts out is "gregarious" and "vivacious," while the morbidly obese misfit girl doing the same thing is just "obnoxious" and "pathetic."

Your "personality" doesn't exist as separate from the way you look.

Why can't people understand this.

Quite true, and depressing. :(

Guy, I work in a call center with like 400 people, and they all have perfect skin except maybe me and a few other people. I'm the only one with acne, some other people just have fucked up skin. Basically I feel like "the guy with acne." I can tell you what made me able to keep working when I almost decided I wanted to quit and just stay home or find a job where I could work with as few people as possible: When I look around, I can pick out any person who has perfect skin and find something that they don't have that I do have. For example - I'm younger than this person, funnier than that guy, smarter than Joe, better looking than whoever. Some people may have perfect skin but maybe other than that their life is totally fucked. Trust me, I'd rather be the guy with acne than the goofball who stares at people with acne or makes fun of them, cause at the end of the day no one is gonna have any respect for that guy.

this is true man, but STILL the first thing people see is your face. you are your looks and your personality. i dont care what anyone says, looks are very important and are more important than personality at times. also, if bad skin keeps you from getting "in the door", then it really doesnt matter if you're cool or smart or whatever. i feel like i dont get in the door a lot b/c i feel insecure about my skin. i dont want to be the other people, i want to be me, but i want to be me with better skin.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I feel exactly the same for I'm also in highschool and it seems that everyone has beautiful skin but me. Everyone stares at you like a monstor :( I hate Acne and I hate high school even more! Some times i dread going cause its like torture with everyone mistreating you cause of bad skin.

scaredforlife, i agree with you in that people with clear skin just don't understand. They look at people with acne like it's our fault that we have acne. In my class of 60 people there's about 3-4 girls with mild acne and me with moderate acne, so I have the most acne out of the whole class. Everyone else has flawless, normal skin. One of my class mate has clear skin but just got a couple of acne on her face which is nothing compared to mine said "oh my god, I'm getting acne, it's sooo gross", i know she didn't mean it in a bad way or she simply forgot I have acne because when she said that my heart just sunk. So I totally know what you mean.

Haha.

I agree with Chron.

I may be ugly as shit, but I've got a lot of things that others don't.

I see guys who could easily get chicks because they're good looking -- but they have no confidence, no skill, no clue as to what they're doing. I do. People often ask me if I'm a virgin, or if I've even kissed a girl -- no, I'm not, and yes, I have, many times. They're honestly surprised that anybody would touch me. I may be ugly and act retarded but I know what I'm doing. If I looked better, that would only be adding to my awesomeness.

Hey people used to ask me that question, and i can still repsond with a of course not even now at 27yrs of age. I doubt ive even said a total of 250 words to females during my lifespan...Role on my next carnation and see what ive got to work with....will have to better than this regime....

lol - Jon, there is a guy at my work who is quiet. So quiet, as a matter of fact, that it was over a YEAR before I heard more than two words from him.

So I started talking to him. Turns out he really has alot to say, he was just shy.

Why can't more girls initiate talking? I don't know why they don't.

Man i used to be like that, think bad about people who had acne. But then i have acne =(

Well it taught me alot. But the funny thing is that if not for my acne i still have baby skin. I mean like my cheeks which are clear they are baby smooth! =(

I work with about 60 other people in my office. I can only recall two, maybe three other people with acne. Everyone else has perfectly flawless baby skin, not one single flaw on their faces. These are the people who take flawless skin for granted and look at me like im absolutely disgusting. :| I am so below them because of my skin. I am not normal, whatever... :wacko:

There are tons of other diseases where you can say, people who don't have this or that disease just don't know what it's like. Some people have cancer, some people are crippled and we have acne. That doesn't take away that acne is shitty disease. In my point of view we have 3 choices:

* Suicide

* Just live cuz we live

* Try to make the best out of it

I choose to try to make the best out of it I hope you do so to

you're totally right. my best friend from college who never had a skin problem was always telling me: dude dont worry about your skin its not that bad. it's not that big of a deal, etc etc etc.

then at the ripe old age of 34, he gets this patch of zits on his forehead that he couldnt cover up and he FREAKED out. he thought everyone on the street was staring at his forehead. he put coverup on it. the whole nine yards.

it was noticeable, but really it was nothing relatively speaking. now i think he might get it.

Something really upset me the other day, I was talking to someone about why overweight people carry on eating (was in a debate in school,was trying to make an interesting debate), and they were saying "kinda like you with spots" sounding it was like my fault that I have spots. People just don't understand that we try like hell to clear our skin. :(

Theres at least 100 girls in the 6th form at my school, and I can't think of any with acne. A few get the odd couple of spots, and they are there in the bathroom moaning about how terrible they look. I would love to just have a couple of spots!! they dont realise how lucky they are! :wall:

*recalls the lightening on the London tube*

*shivers*

I get headaches from them too... purple, nasty, ultra-bright...

:P