POLL: Has B5 worked for you?

B5  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Has B5 worked for you?

• Yes. It cleared me up!
    • It's helped alot but not 100%.
    • It's helped a little/moderate.
    • No.

I've been taking about 5g of B5 a day for the past month or two and am about 80% clear. The oil of my face has improved by about 50% which I really like but I still get mild but persistent acne (the 20%). My question is, should i go back up to 10g a day? I did that for about a month before switching down to 5g because it seemed to work. I also stopped using so many products when I started B5 (only using cetaphil cleanser, eucerin intensive repair lotion for night/cetaphil face lotion for day, BP, and the occasional neosporin/aloevera).

I've been taking about 5g of B5 a day for the past month or two and am about 80% clear. The oil of my face has improved by about 50% which I really like but I still get mild but persistent acne (the 20%). My question is, should i go back up to 10g a day? I did that for about a month before switching down to 5g because it seemed to work. I also stopped using so many products when I started B5 (only using cetaphil cleanser, eucerin intensive repair lotion for night/cetaphil face lotion for day, BP, and the occasional neosporin/aloevera).

I would perhaps up it a bit, maybe to 7g, and give it another month. It took around 3 months for it to work completely for me.

You sound just like me!!! Except I'm just starting B5...my regimen is almost identical. I've only been on b5 for 3 days, today is day 4. I haven't had a new pimple, and I'd swear my skin is less oily, but its not a definite. I started at at 3 grams, then 4, and today I'll do 5. If I keep seeing results I'll maintain whatever dose I'm at, otherwise I'll go up to 10 grams.

I had severe acne in college and did one round of accutane. It "cured" it, but I still have scars. Now at age 35, my acne has been getting worse every month. It got to where I had about 6 active pimples at once (yes, its mild compared to some), but every pimple leaves a scar, and the red marks really add up. Nothing else worked. For years I didn't even wash my face at night, ate anything, used any makeup...no breakouts except period time. So now, of course, nothing topical has worked. I think for me it has been the oil production at the root of my acne.

update on my b5...I'm on only day 4 and there is definitely a reduction in oil. My skin is still oily, but when I blot the oil, my skin actually feels dry, its strange!! Not one new pimple. (I'm using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. I'm only using BP in one little spot). I'm up to 5 grams today for the first time, and I think I'm going to stay at this level for now because I already see results.

Ive been using B5 10MG a day for 3 months now, and I can say oil production on my face has greatly been reduce.Although I still get the odd break out, its been drastically minimized.

I used time release b5 for 4 months which was supposidly equivalent to the 10 g but i saw no difference. The company acne-vitamins.com says that since it was time released, the b5 could be dispursed more effectively and such since your body cant absorb all the pills you take at once it just pumps as much b5 as it can. Maybe my lck would change if i tried actual 20 b5 vitamins a day or whatever but frankly i have beel blowing wayy to much money on high hopes that crash every time.... i need to stop wasting my money