Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Butorov

Mino and blackheads...

Hey guys! Do you know if minocycline gets rid of blackheads? How effective is it? Does it work similarly to accutane in terms of reducing the oil/blackheads production? Thanks!

I found it worked quite similar to accutane. But I had to go on accutane b/c my acne came back worse after mino.

Isn't minocycline an oral antibiotic? I don't understand how that would help with blackheads ... am I missing something here?

Q

Isn't minocycline an oral antibiotic? I don't understand how that would help with blackheads ... am I missing something here?

Q

Well, in my case the blackheads appear from the inside, not from the outside. In other words, they dont show up because of the accumulated dirt, but rather because of the oil and other things that your body is producing. When I took accutane, the blackheads started to come out on their own and the new ones werent produced untill now.

Foomph, do you really think your acne got worse because of mino?

Q

Well, in my case the blackheads appear from the inside, not from the outside. In other words, they dont show up because of the accumulated dirt, but rather because of the oil and other things that your body is producing. When I took accutane, the blackheads started to come out on their own and the new ones werent produced untill now.

Yes, that's how most blackheads are, and I knew that accutane would make them come out.

But if minocycline is an oral antibiotic, it's killing BACTERIA. It doesn't have anything to do with sebum production or skin cells shedding or the pores getting clogged. So unless there's something more to it than the antibiotic, it isn't going to affect either blackheads or oil.