Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heymikey

What does severe acne look like?

Guest Marino

half those pictures aren't real acne,

there diseases which you catch, its like me posting a pic of myself with chicken pox.

IPB Image

And I thought mine was bad, I dont know what I would do if I was one of those people, maybe live in the basement? That is one bad cyst...

Guest PokaHotAz
IPB Image when i was a freshman in high school... i was friends w/ this kid who had this kind of acne...all over... only some of those lumps would be way bigger... ...i remember i used to go to the derm w/ him just to skip school(he would get injections) ... we never talked about his acne... i would never ask..and he never talked about it, he was pretty out going though, surprisingly... i wonder what he looks like now... :think: ....hope he got it under control

There's a guy in my class who's acne was almost as bad as a lot of these pics, i felt so sorry for him, for a while, it looked like his nose was gonna fall off...he seems to be gettin it under control nowthough.

IPB Image

I'd have to say this is about the minimum to be called severe. Now, there is scarring present which obviously doesn't have to be there.

IPB Image

I had this type of acne, where it's not so much covering your whole face, but huge cysts/nodles appear. I think this chin alone would make the person a severe acne candidate.

My acne looked like that last summer. My derm said it was moderate to severe. I'm almost clear now using topicals, but I still occasionally get cysts like that out of nowhere. I can't go on accutane because I won't take oral antibiotics for acne, and my derm needs me to try a few antibiotics before I can get accutane....grrr...

Before I went to see a doc my nose (at the bottom, on the sides, where it connects with your cheeks) was absolutely terrible. I went from cyst to cyst. The only time my nose wasn't infected with a cyst was because both sides had just healed from the previous cyst; a week later another would form. Having a runny nose was hell because there was always painful cyst there, or the irritation of wipping my nose would provoke another. My nose would have been as bad as a few of those photos. The skin there now is destroyed. Pink pink pink, nothing but scar tissue really. It'll never be the same, I'll never have a smooth connection running from my face to my nose. Every morning, when I awake, the first thing I do is run my finger against my nose to feel for a hard lump. Haven't had a bad cyst there in maybe two years now (two or three minor ones) but it is still a constant fear. I cannot imagine having acne like that everywhere. Honestly, I would kill myself (yes, I am that vain). If my nose was still like that, I would be a total recluse.

IPB Image

And I thought mine was bad, I dont know what I would do if I was one of those people, maybe live in the basement? That is one bad cyst...

Oh my God, that was my acne just march to august last year. You should see my scars now, it's not that visible but if you were to see them... You'd really know that I've had the worst ones... Thank God I'm on the moderate Acne level... Hey I am still thanking God for my moderate acne even though it is still acne and could go to severe if I miss abandon it again...

THOSE PICS ARE SO FREAKIN DISSCUSING!!!! WHO WANTS TO LOOK AT THAT. I JUST CAME FROM THE BATHROOM FROM THROWING UP AND WOW DIDNT KNOW ACNE COULD GET THAT BAD IT LOOKS LIKE TUMERS, CANSER OR WHAT EVER THE HEACK IS ON THERE FACES, I WOULD SUGGEST OR RECEMMEND 1000MG OF ACCUTAN ON THAT TUMER FACE GUY AND PROBABALY HALF THAT FRO THE OTHERS.

my acne was like at at age 15, but accutane really helped me about 80% went away and now I dont get those large cysts, thank god! I just love it when people from junior high don't recognize me now! :D

IPB Image

Oh my God, that was my acne just march to august last year. You should see my scars now, it's not that visible but if you were to see them... You'd really know that I've had the worst ones... Thank God I'm on the moderate Acne level... Hey I am still thanking God for my moderate acne even though it is still acne and could go to severe if I miss abandon it again...

IPB Image when i was a freshman in high school... i was friends w/ this kid who had this kind of acne...all over... only some of those lumps would be way bigger... ...i remember i used to go to the derm w/ him just to skip school(he would get injections) ... we never talked about his acne... i would never ask..and he never talked about it, he was pretty out going though, surprisingly... i wonder what he looks like now... :think: ....hope he got it under control

whoa, dude! What's that called, thaht type of acne? I don't have really bad acne, but for some reason I have ONE cyst thing like that, way on the side of my face. I know it isn't normal acne.