Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the-GBE

Active athletes taking or have taken Accutane?

I saw a derm a few days ago, who suggested accutane to clear up my moderate but cystic acne. It sounds great, but my first fear was the aching bones/joints.

I do cross country and track, and take them both seriously. I'm hoping to run track in college(going to be a senior this year), and I'm not prepared to give it all up to joint pain for some acne. Any athletes here take accutane? Does it seriously affect physical capabilities or can it be dealth with via painkillers or something? Track is a high stress sport, especially on knee/hip joints... anyone have advice for me? thx

i play lacrosse and run. both are pretty bone and muscle stressing sports. so far i've experienced nothing unusual or different. im sure youll be fine

i haven't had much of a problem while pursuing soccer, shotput, lacrosse, powerlifting, and olympic weightlifting. you should be good to go.

when i first took accutane I did experience serious joint pains in my knees when playing lacrosse and running. I could barely run and so I stopped taking it but now im on my second go around (3 years later) and have been on it for a month and am experiencing no koint pain.