Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I dont know if im the only one who notices this but... One of the worst things about talking to people even your friends is that... if you look in their eyes.. they're not looking at yours... they always drift off to your face... so i just kinda turn my head and keep talking ... its so embarassing... am i the only one who notices this? :shifty:

When I was in HS, that used to happen. I got to the point where I'd say something about it. If they were my friend, they'd apologize. If they weren't, I didn't want to know them anyhow.

some people have different styles; some stare into your eyes all the time, others look away once in a while. Although I definitely know what you're saying: I talked to a guy once who had really terrible acne. I couldn't keep looking at his face without turning away. I said to myself "you have acne too! Don't do this! It's wrong!" but I just couldn't help it. :confused:

some people have different styles; some stare into your eyes all the time, others look away once in a while. Although I definitely know what you're saying: I talked to a guy once who had really terrible acne. I couldn't keep looking at his face without turning away. I said to myself "you have acne too! Don't do this! It's wrong!" but I just couldn't help it. :confused:

the one's that stare into your eyes :ninja: hehe

I've been one of those lol :lol:

:wacko: Then I become thos that look away :rolleyes:

.:KaBooMx:. I like your siggy hahaha.. awesome

and I'm the type that looks the entire time in the other persons eyes.. and if they wont give me eye contact.. I look around... because it's too uncomfortable when they look at my skin and such...

eye contact makes it easier.. because then you know they aren't staring at that huge blemish on your chin or whatever..

Yes, this happens alot. One of the most annoying and horrible things ever. After they look you get self concious...and if you were having a 'good' confidence day, it kinds screws that up!

yeh im so self concious when speaking to people face to face i always fixate on their eyes, i never listen to what they say...

Yeah, thats what I do too! Your staring at them whilst they are talking, and then at the end you just like

'Um, what did you say?'

Do you guys ever feel so self-conscious when talking to people, that you have trouble actually listening to what they say, and instead focus on what you're gonna say...or if they're looking at your skin? I hate it! I want to fully engage in a conversation but I'm always in a state of paranoia. :shifty: Acne should really be a psychological disease.

i always avoid eye contact to a person infront of me, seriously i dont know when was the last time i looked into a persons eyes right up in their face.

A computer dude came today (with our fixed comp.) and I had to wipe all the BP globs off my face to answer the door, and I was like "shit, this looks rediculous" so it was hard to look him straight.

Yup. When I had bad acne, I hated talking to my friends. One time one of my friends said "Dude, look at me when I talk to you!" and asked my friends "Dont you hate it when people talk to you and arent even looking at YOU!?" I was all..."What the fuck..." lol.

But now I do make eye contact, and now I dont see anyone drift away...maybe to my redmarks but eh. I now notice ALOT of ppl in HS have Acne...(Now I am aware, lol, cuz it happend to me)

I counted around 7 people... I get the same way guys lol... as if i am not self conscious enough about my face... they are staring there instead of at me... i talked to this girl today and she drifted off while i was talking ... when i finished she was like "what?"... its so embarassing... gotta be one of the worst things about my acne, but for me... Week 3 on the regimen im doing much better, i've even got some "you're face is clearing up thats good" which is always good. Didn't think i was the only one here lol.. thanks for sharin your stories too.. makes us all feel like we're not the only ones out there

That is so true! I despise those flourescent lights too!

In my math class there is this female I sit next to and she has some scaring on her face too. I can't stand to look at her when I talk because there is literally this jumping motion in her eyes from my eyes to my face to my eyes again over and over. One time I was commenting on a math problem and she was like "uh huh, uh huh" and obviously wasn't even paying attention to what I was saying.

What gets me most is store clerks that won't even look at you! It's like they get a sneak-glance in when you are in line and once you come up to purchase your goods they will not even look at you. And of course you assume it's because of your acne. Somehow they manage to ring up all your items, give you change, and hand you a receipt all without even looking at you; Amazing!

Maybe my acne's not bad enough but I've never noticed that. One thing I've always been amazed about is how people have never acted strange towards me about my acne. I mean since I've had acne I really can't get myself to approach girls but I've managed to have a few girlfriends and more than my fair share of sex and hookups thanks to girls approaching me. I'm always so surprised, and thinking "doesn't she notice how fucked my face is?" But then I just say fuck it, she thinks I'm cute so I'm just gonna forget about the acne. One thing I've learned is everyone's got something about their body they don't like. I bet there are girls out there with a tiny bit of fat who are just as worried about that as we are about our acne, except the thing is we don't care about their little bit of fat and they don't care about our acne so we're both worrying for no reason.

Do you guys ever feel so self-conscious when talking to people, that you have trouble actually listening to what they say, and instead focus on what you're gonna say...or if they're looking at your skin? I hate it! I want to fully engage in a conversation but I'm always in a state of paranoia. :shifty: Acne should really be a psychological disease.

Stare the cunts in the eyes. Man to man.

Just fuckin do it. It is powerful. If they break eye contact first they are weaker, they probably won't look at you at all from then on.

I used to have bad acne up until this year when i finally did something about it, and i couldnt really look people in the face up close- and the girls i hang out with get really up close like they want to make out. But after ive cleared up and joined up with the army, i really lost that urge to look away since it is a sign of respect to "talk" to people face to face.

I suggest for anyone too timid to even look at somone in the face is to force yourself to be more open and you'll find that people are nicer than you think.

My eye contact is screwed

For three years I have been unable to look people in the eyes so I worked on it

Now while sometimes I can't look the people I'm talking too in the eye most of the time I'm able to keep the eye contact and guess what ... they are unconfortable with it and say things like

"why you're staring at me? oh no, don't tell me I have something on my face ... it's my hair isn't it ... you know I hadn't the time to comb the ... or maybe it's because I have tomato sauce around my mouth ... you know ... I have been eating spaghetti and ..."

It happens all the time, so don't really know what to think :wall::confused:

Danny

My eye contact is screwed

For three years I have been unable to look people in the eyes so I worked on it

Now while sometimes I can't look the people I'm talking too in the eye most of the time I'm able to keep the eye contact and guess what ... they are unconfortable with it and say things like

"why you're staring at me? oh no, don't tell me I have something on my face ... it's my hair isn't it ... you know I hadn't the time to comb the ... or maybe it's because I have tomato sauce around my mouth ... you know ... I have been eating spaghetti and ..."

It happens all the time, so don't really know what to think :wall::confused:

Danny

haha, dude, i so know where you are coming from. i usually try not to make eye contact, but when i do, people say i look like a deer caught in the headlights :wacko: