Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JXC

Hydroquinone and Retin-a

Hi, i was wondering what is hydroquinone? Is that an exfoliator? The reason is i apply retin-a at night, and want to start applying hydroquinone in the daytime to fade away my brown marks, but don't wanna do it if it's an exfoliator since i'm afraid im going to exfoliate my face too much.

Thanks.

I don't believe it is, I thought it just prevented your skin from developing excress pigmentation... I could be wrong though.

That sound right to me.

Google it anyway.

Q

Ok...thanks.

Also, do you know if you're suppose to apply the hydroquinone on your entire face, or just the areas that have the red/brown marks?

Thanks.

Ok...thanks.

Also, do you know if you're suppose to apply the hydroquinone on your entire face, or just the areas that have the red/brown marks?

Thanks.

I have a hydroquinone product, and it says it's a spot treatment.

Q

Hydroquinone is not an exfoliator it's just a chemical that fades away dark areas, it tones your skin evens it out. Can take about 6 weeks for Hydroquinone to kick in.

It's also not a "bleach" like many people claim to call it.

Hydroquinone is not to be applied to clean clear areas, it must only be applied to darkened areas where there is pigmentation.

Yeah it's not exactly a bleach... as far as I understand, it doesn't actually remove existing pigmentation, it just keeps excess pigmentation from forming in new cells. Which is why it takes a while to kick in. Your skin has to cycle a few times before the effects are seen.