Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just wondering how many blades are on the razor that the guys are currently using? I heard that the fewer the better (less irritation), but single-blade are usually disposable and sh*tty quality-wise. What luck are you guys having with multi-blade razors? And if possible, any tips for acne irritation would be helpful. Who the hell needs a 5 blade razor? Are small lawnmowers to the face the next step? :think:

Are small lawnmowers to the face the next step? :think:

they're called electric shavers.

I have schick quattro with 4 blades.... just bought some replacements for $18!

Wanted to pick up a 3bladed one, because I prefer them actually, but my mom just bought me the schick recently, plus it looks cool (go men's razors!), so I thought I'd give the 4blader another go.

I dunno, I haven't been using it lately... I have been using an electric shaverthing but it doesn't get as close of a shave and it grows back quickly.

Keep in mind I am shaving my legs, being female... not my face.

I used the 4 blades just an hour or so ago and it got a close shave but yeah. a slight unpleasant feeling on my legs.

I use mach3, it works fine, but I've been using a mach3 pretty much since I started shaving so the three blades doesn't irritate me much. I've tried different blades but they don't get close enough. One thing I really like about the regimen is it makes my skin much tougher to shaving, especially on my neck. I used to get a few nicks or redness on my neck and a bit on my face from shaving but now that never happens. Plus, it's a lot easier and quicker and more pleasant to shave your face without having pimples all over your face.

I use a two blade excel when i need to have a close one...

and a phillisave electric for the rest of the time.

Use a sensitive skin foam if you get alot of razor burn...

I use a Norelco electric shaver that has the lotion packs in the shaver. But I never get a clean shave around my neck erea. I also have to shave 2 times a week to keep that close to clean look. I get irritated sometimes if I shave for a long time, but over all if you have acne I think this is the best to keep irritation down.

How many times a week do you guys shave to have that clean look? Does a clean shave last longer with a razor than an electric, or it doesn't matter what you use??

I would like to try a regular razor but I'm scared becuase I never used them.

I shave every other night to keep as close to a clean look as possible. Also, I use Nivea Sensitive skin after shave balm and it doesn't irritate my skin at all.

Cause of how fast my hair grows I have to shave daily. So I use EDGE advanced clear skin gel and gilette sensor excel. So far so good.

:D

Dragon

I appreciate the responses PostFetal, and Chron. Chron, do you use aftershave? moisturizer?

I don't even know what aftershave is. I moisturize, only after putting on bp in the morning and at night, not when I shave.

I used to hate shaving it was a real pain but since I switched from the mach3 to sensor excel I actually enjoy it now.It gives a close shave with no irritation and shaving daily really helps your acne and gets rid of flakes

I want to try a razor but I don't know how to use them. Can anyone give me instructions/tips on how to use a razor right? :cool: Thanx

Go to the store and buy a razor, try one with 2 blades, I think one's called Gillette Sensor Excel...then buy some shaving cream, look for something that's for sensitive skin and it's best if it says non-codmogenic. Umm then to shave you just get your face wet, lather up the shaving cream, and glide gently along the skin with the razor. If you're just starting, certain areas might be tricky. I still have trouble getting certain areas really close, like on my mid-neck where there are indents around my adam's apple, and the underside of my jaw. Just if you have acne prone skin be sure to be gentle and careful.

And to answer your earlier question, I think razors get closer than electric razors. I shave every day or every other day still because it makes the bp and moisturizer much quicker to apply. Now that the regimen's got me clear I really love the way my face feels after I shave, so smooth and no bumps, it's really amazing.