Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

when people make remarks about your face but dont even think about what they're saying. like, this morning, it snowed about 18 inches here. so i got up to go shoveling. took a look in the mirror and thought i was fine to just shovel my car out. well my mom and i are shoveling and she says "your face is all broken out". i just said oh, and touched my cheek. and told her that i thought i was actually on the rebound, that it was getting better (and it is). i guess the bright outside light and the extra reflection off the snow made my blemishes more visible. its not like she hasnt ever seen me without makeup before.

so anyhow, she actually apologized :shock: even though it wasnt a huge deal, i wasnt hurt or anything..i'm feeling okay because im certain ill clear up soon. i know this type of thing has happened to other people?

I applaud your attitude. :clap:

And ehh no, hasn't happened to me before.. Every sentence during high school was like badly performed acupunture to my soul.

My mom scolded my little brother because she thought he made fun of "my pimples" in front of his friends, even though that didn't even fucking happen since like 6 months ago.

1: She's a fucking idiot

2: I am almost clear you fat bitch, get a new perscription for your glasses

3: I have one huge zit growing and hurting my face right now and it's pissing me off.

Both my parents grew up with acne so they don't think anything of it.

augh! all my parents do is blame eachother for my acne. bastards.

:lol: . hehe ^_^

my mom sometimes says my skin looks better, when I know it's at it's worst -_-;;

My mom scolded my little brother because she thought he made fun of "my pimples" in front of his friends, even though that didn't even fucking happen since like 6 months ago.

1: She's a fucking idiot

2: I am almost clear you fat bitch, get a new perscription for your glasses

3: I have one huge zit growing and hurting my face right now and it's pissing me off.

Jesus, relax.

i hadnt seen my "dad" in ages, like 6months, the first thing he said to me was "Geez matt ur face looks bad dont it."

I just walked off.

I'm sorry about that man. I would fucking set myself on fire just to make him feel bad.

i hadnt seen my "dad" in ages, like 6months, the first thing he said to me was "Geez matt ur face looks bad dont it."

I just walked off.

What an asshole. Sorry that happened Matt. It probably was a good thing your mom divorced him...

Guest PokaHotAz

i really hate it when my mom talks about any flaws i may have in front of strangers... like for ex. if im broken out

or if im gaining weight , she'll comment on how fat ive gotten and why ... lately she hasnt, i guess i look good in her eyes... who knows

why are parents so careless w/ their words sometimes? ... i dunno :doubt:

this stupid messed up boy (in the middle of TOWN!) yelled spotty at me pointed and all his chav pals laughed so there i was going even redder, about to break down crying with the whole of woodbridge town looking at me...

u arn't alone , i get this shit all the time

My parents have never said anything bad about my face. My dad never says anything at all and my mom is always trying to help me and tell me that she doesn't see what I'm talking about. She always says she would give anything to take the acne away from me and have it on her instead. If my parents or any of my family ever said anything bad to me I would probably lock myself up in my room and never come out.

My parents never commented on my looks. Thank God. I had enough problems with them without that crap.

I don't know what I do if someone just outright was rude. Maybe cry, maybe punch them, maybe walk away.

But in any case, a big hug for everyone in this thread. That's some crappy stuff to have to go through.

Guest Marino

That's what watching the Simpsons can do to people

YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

YES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHUT THE FUCK UP

have a nice day :)

IPB Image

My grandfather (on my mom's side) is amazed at my acne. He like, talks about every time I go over... WHich is a lot, since I can't stand my house and I love my grandma and grandpa. He can't even say the freaking word right. He watches too many cartoons... he pronounces it "acme". And then blames it on my dad. Which, I too blame on my dad. :shrug: (why is the shrug guy blue and not yellow like the rest of them?)

I think the only time my parents have mentioned my acne to me is when I was 16 and they were kinda nearly at the point of shouting at me to go to the doctors about it, but 7 years later I'm still an acne victim. My mum has acne too so they've never been insensitive about it. I think they mentioned it to me when I was 16 simply because it ruins your confidence and makes you look like shit, which I've found out over the years......

My grandfather (on my mom's side) is amazed at my acne. He like, talks about every time I go over... WHich is a lot, since I can't stand my house and I love my grandma and grandpa. He can't even say the freaking word right. He watches too many cartoons... he pronounces it "acme". And then blames it on my dad. Which, I too blame on my dad. :shrug: (why is the shrug guy blue and not yellow like the rest of them?)

u answered ur own question. he doesnt know why hes blue so he shrugs ;)

u answered ur own question. he doesnt know why hes blue so he shrugs ;)

That's cute.

So many things can be applied to that reasoning. lol

Both my mom and dad had acne. My dad, though really smart, is also really old fashioned and a little behind on the times. He thinks washing your face more often and scrubing with soap with get rid of it. Which I know is dead wrong. My mom had it, and still goes to the derm to help with her scars. This is good because we both get the situation, because she had/has it and I have it. But rarely are they insensitive about it.