Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forrelli

Sunless Tanners...

Hi- I was just wondering if anyone uses sunless tanners to help cover up their acne and scars. I'm a guy and I don't really want to use makeup, but using a sunless tanner, which lasts for a few days seems like a much better option. It seems a lot easier than putting makeup on every day. I was just wonder what brands people have found as working best, if it clogs your pores, and if putting acne treatments on you face after you have been using a sunless tanner will mess with the sunless tanner in any way and turn your face a wierd color or something. Thanks! :D

Don't put it on your scars. The scar tissue absorbs the pigment differently and they turn like electric orange and are more noticeable.

My experience w/ self tanners is bad. I mean, my face looked awesome with the tan and all! but the side effects sucked... My skin was clearing up last year, and I wore self-tan almost regularly to help coneal the red spots. It must have clogged up my pores like crazy because before you know it, I'm breaking out like crazy. It took a month or two for my skin to get out of control though. I wouldn't use it again...

I use self-tanning cream quite regularly and it seems to even out my skin colour and makes the acne and scars less prominent. It certainly doesn't make the acne or my skin generally any worse. In terms of brands, I've tried several and there doesn't seem to be one that stands out. I prefer Estee Lauder because it smells slightly less than the others! Make sure you follow the instructions and rub it in well etc and just use a little bit to start.