Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neveragain

Peels for bacne scars?

Has anyone tried using peels on thier bacne? I dont have much active ance left on my back, but many scars and spots. I was thinking if I do as many peels as possible it may one day look close to normal!!! Please anyone, if you have had success with do any kinda peel (tca, glycolic, sa) on your body acne scars, share your results!!!!!!!

Has anyone tried using peels on thier bacne? I dont have much active ance left on my back, but many scars and spots. I was thinking if I do as many peels as possible it may one day look close to normal!!! Please anyone, if you have had success with do any kinda peel (tca, glycolic, sa) on your body acne scars, share your results!!!!!!!

There are things that will help but time is really your "friend." I had the absolute WORSE acne on my back for years and years-the kind of stuff that peels, medicine and antibiotics couldn't cure. Though I just never showed anyone my back, nothing seemed to help.

About a two years ago, I stopped breaking out (for no apparent reason) and then was left with all that nasty scarring that it does to you. I tried everything for scars but then just decided I couldn't afford to keep investing in this anymore.

Currently, today, almost all the marks and scarring is gone--and a tan helps a lot (though yes I know, we are not supposed to tan) and I'll be 100% honest with you; the skin on the back (at least for me) is so much stronger than the face and it heals and marks fade faster.

Since you're not having much active acne--I'd suggest just keep doing what you're doing and let your skin heal--trust me, it will. I've seen some pretty bad stuff on my other friend's backs and time has generally been kind to all of us. I'm sorry I don't have much to make you smile--there are no quick fixes really. If you want to try peels and stuff, go ahead--maybe it'll work for you.

The good news is that if your active acne is subsiding, the red stuff will be healing and your skin will get more normal looking-a little bit of sunexposure (not tanning per se) is also good for you--that's my experience and I wish I had saved my money............