Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LawBoy

Sculptra

I had sculptra inject about 10 days ago, and unlike many people, I had very little to no swelling. Before I got the injection, I had read that the swelling can be substantial but this was never a problem. I had the treatment done the thursday before last. I am now starting to see a definite softening of my scars, and although its always hard to put a percentage on something so subjective, I would say I have seen a 30-40% improvement overall. The doctor I had do it seemed to be very skilled, and had been working with the product for 4 years. He did not inject a full vial b/c my scarring is not severe (another subjective topic) but instead used about a half a vial. Just wanted to share my recent experience with sculptra.

sweet! how much? where ru? what doctor??

I am in Houston and had it done by Dr. Teller of Bellaire Dermatology. The procedure cost me $400, but I still may need further injections. Good luck.

Ryan

sweet! how much? where ru? what doctor??

I am in Houston and had it done by Dr. Teller of Bellaire Dermatology. The procedure cost me $400, but I still may need further injections. Good luck.

Ryan

thats cool though man. keep this thread updated!

don't mean to be rude here, but the more i read this thread the more I don't understand. Sculptra is proven to not produce any results for a few weeks. I think what you are noticing is swelling my friend.

don't mean to be rude here, but the more i read this thread the more I don't understand. Sculptra is proven to not produce any results for a few weeks. I think what you are noticing is swelling my friend.

B/c you were there and had the procedure so you probably know more about Sculptra than me...my mistake. I'll consult your expertise the next time I want post. Someone has to keep everyone in check, and I'm glad I have a "friend" here to do it! :liar:

Well don't cry about it. I did have the proceedure. I did get swelling, but I'm just saying that it's proven that there are no rusults for at least 6 weeks. Thats all. Maybe your different.

I'm glad someone is getting improvement. I have had three rounds of Sculptra injections, with the last one being on January 17th. I have not seen any improvement what so ever. It is really discouraging!!

I'm glad someone is getting improvement. I have had three rounds of Sculptra injections, with the last one being on January 17th. I have not seen any improvement what so ever. It is really discouraging!!

kreck, are your scars superficial or deep (with subdermal tissue loss involved) ?

Well don't cry about it. I did have the proceedure. I did get swelling, but I'm just saying that it's proven that there are no rusults for at least 6 weeks. Thats all. Maybe your different.

You need to find out about your injector, and make sure they are VERY skilled at this procedure. It is a very difficult filler to inject, and many doctors simply don't know exactly what their doing. My doc has been using this for 4 years, and even teaches how to inject the stuff regularly. When he was doing my injections, there was a another doctor there watching him do it b/c he was about to incorporate it into his own practice. The skill of the injector is of paramount importance in this procedure from what I have read and even experienced.

ok law boy i think we are going to the same doctor!!! mine asked me if i wanted to participate in a study so that other doctors could learn his technique and he was not going to charge me anything for the round of treatment. ODD. but i'm in nyc. does your doctor have a really longggggg last name?

ok law boy i think we are going to the same doctor!!! mine asked me if i wanted to participate in a study so that other doctors could learn his technique and he was not going to charge me anything for the round of treatment. ODD. but i'm in nyc. does your doctor have a really longggggg last name?

pm me about who you're going to in nyc. you saw my nyc info thread right? if this persons good, i want to know!

Same kreck. I had my third round of Sculptra two weeks ago and have seen little improvement in my scarring. I wonder if it has to do with how it's injected.

OK guys I am now 6 weeks post first round of sculptra. I knew going into this that it would be a slow boat to china before you can expect to see anykind of improvement. the procedure itself was very easy and I had some NICE swelling and was sad to see the swelling fade. If I end up with improvements close to my swelling I will be VERY happy. so far I can not honestly say I have any REAL improvment. THough my scars do seem to be a bit softer and I do seem to feel the plumping up in the areas treated. So far it is more of a feeling then an actual visable improvement but I hope this means I am on the verge of seeing some Real Plumping up in the next few weeks. I go in for my second round on Monday. I have been having one VIAL per treatment diluted to about 5 cc's and have been having it injected in my upper cheeks and on both sides of my lower chin. I suspect From what I have heard i will need 3 rounds and about 5 months of patients to achieve something REAL. I will keep everyone posted.

Same kreck. I had my third round of Sculptra two weeks ago and have seen little improvement in my scarring. I wonder if it has to do with how it's injected.

B/c you were there and had the procedure so you probably know more about Sculptra than me...[b]my mistake. I'll consult your expertise the next time I want post. Someone has to keep everyone in check, and I'm glad I have a "friend" here to do it! :liar:

hey LawBoy it is your mistake-- Greenway politely made a great point about possible swelling. so, what's with the "because you were there and you know more than me" crap? lol. that sounds like a fussing retarded 3rd grader comment. no seriously, it does...

so anyway my little friend (that sounds a little better), i personally have never read anything on sculptra working in the short amount of time that you're giving it. i just think you at least have to entertain the thought that it is/was swelling. okay--good. now go run off and play in the street somewhere :snooty:

hey LawBoy it is your mistake-- Greenway politely made a great point about possible swelling. so, what's with the "because you were there and you know more than me" crap? lol. that sounds like a fussing retarded 3rd grader comment. no seriously, it does...

so anyway my little friend (that sounds a little better), i personally have never read anything on sculptra working in the short amount of time that you're giving it. i just think you at least have to entertain the thought that it is/was swelling. okay--good. now go run off and play in the street somewhere :snooty:

wow lawboy you are quite the sarcastic character, but hey that's cool--do what you will. if you have reason to believe that you've seen almost instantaneous results, great i'm happy for you. i'm not saying that you didn't by any means. i think you have to understand that you're results are very uncommon, and you shouldn't get defensive when people question you or suggest that it might be from something else. but hey, that's great your results are still holding into week 4. yes, i would say that you can rule out swelling at this point.

okay, now i have an actual question, if you don't mind answering-- you say results depend on the drs technique. is there anything that you noticed about what your dr. did? did he inject directly into the scar or did he come in from the outer edges at an angle? also do you feel that he went deep into the skin or were the injections rather shallow? anything that you noticed about his technique would be helpful.

yes jayjay this works for rolling scars. it's actually ideal for shallow rolling as it fills in the whole area

I'm not trying to put doubts in anyone, but I'm really wondering how does this stuff know when to stop multiplying? Could it end up looking like a tumor overgrowing on your face?

I'm very interested in sculptra, I may save up for this if I don't see any more improvement soon. How many treatments on average are needed? I would probably only go for one. My skin is looking really smooth accept for 3 major scars and they really just detract from all the good skin :( I would probably be one to have lumpiness though since I have a tendency toward lumpy scar tissue.

Well I was Supposed to have my second round of Sculptra yesterday but my doctor feels I am responding so well she wants to wait a few more weeks to gauge how much I might need. I do see a subltle improvement but she seemed to think it was pretty substantial and wants to slow it down a bit!

Hell i want it to SPEED UP A LOT LOL. She feels there is a slight chance of over correction in the long term since the improvements keep rolling in many months after the injections. I will go in for round 2 in 3 weeks.

I saw some more photos in a binder for sculptra patients and WOW somepeople do get an incredible great result almost like a combo of face lift and fat grafting but with ZERO down time. I mean old ladys with DEEP sunken in areas and Heavey wrinkles which Vanished after several months and several vials of sculptra

I would say some of these ladys looked MORE then 10 years younger. Keepin my fingers crossed I get results like those.

wow lawboy you are quite the sarcastic character, but hey that's cool--do what you will. if you have reason to believe that you've seen almost instantaneous results, great i'm happy for you. i'm not saying that you didn't by any means. i think you have to understand that you're results are very uncommon, and you shouldn't get defensive when people question you or suggest that it might be from something else. but hey, that's great your results are still holding into week 4. yes, i would say that you can rule out swelling at this point.

okay, now i have an actual question, if you don't mind answering-- you say results depend on the drs technique. is there anything that you noticed about what your dr. did? did he inject directly into the scar or did he come in from the outer edges at an angle? also do you feel that he went deep into the skin or were the injections rather shallow? anything that you noticed about his technique would be helpful.

I didn't watch him inject the stuff, nor could I decipher the depth in which he injected into the skin. He didn't seem to go at an angle, but did try to inject all of them. He, along with the "sculptra representative" present, both mentioned the need for a more superficial injections comparatively to injections for the purpose of wrinkles / volume (HIV patients). Also, as I mentioned previously, he did not inject a great deal of Sculpra, only using half a vial, in comparison with floridaguy who stated he had a full vial injected (if this understanding is incorrect, I apologize). However, I seemed to have several injection sites for the amount injected, but this observation is far from scientific having little experience with fillers, especially the proces involving injecting fillers. I have another appointment with him in the coming weeks, and I will update you with more information as it becomes available. Until then, I'm afraid this is all I really know.