Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chickcorea

tan on accutane and its effect on red marks

no, i'm not talking about an artificial tan. i'm talking about vacation this spring break. will a tan make slight red marks appear darker than the surroudning skin, or will the skin just blend into an even, tan tone, where red marks are hardly visible?

if know if it is that latter, then probably in the end after my tan fades the red marks will be worse. but i'll be using a hella of a lot of sunscreen.

i just want to know that, when during that vacation period, my face will have an even tan. thanks

it depends wot your dosage of accutane is? at the start of my course i was 20mg daily and i was fine in the sun. but when i upped to 60mg when i went out in the sun the red marks totally glowed-ot was horrible. sorry to be negative!! i had to wear make up on hols in spain this year as i was so embarrased of the marks. i stopped accutane few wks ago so am hoping as the drug gets out my system my skin will become normal again

also i think it depends on your skin type? do u experience flushing on accutane(ie when u get hot the red marks show up?) my skin is jus weird. god acne is a pain int it!!! :evil: aaaaaaaaaaaa lol

the only thing that gets flushed on accutane are my ears. i have fairly strong skin, and i have not burned really on past trips.

shit, it's snowing outside.