Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mac

Whats a BLEMISH?

It's anything that pitches up a tent and camps on your face, anywhere from a few days to eternity, just to make you feel like shit.

It's anything that pitches up a tent and camps on your face, anywhere from a few days to eternity, just to make you feel like shit.

the best definition I have heard of in along time :clap:

exactly right

Guest PokaHotAz

its a ZIT

a PIMPLE

an ACNE LESION

a ESPINILLA

una PEPITA

un GRANITO

To be strictly accurate a blemish is anything; zit, wart, a cut, mole, red mark, hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, scar etc. etc.

To be strictly accurate a blemish is anything; zit, wart, a cut, mole, red mark, hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, scar etc. etc.

Indeed. From dictionary.com:

blemish

n : a mark or flaw that spoils the appearance of something (especially on a person's body); "a facial blemish"

It doesn't just refer to acne, and when used in reference to acne, it's pretty much anything and everything.

blemish is basically just a nicer word for it's grosser cousins: zit, pimple and acne. though, as mentioned above, it can be anything from a scar to a mole. i think its generally used as an acne term though.

Guest PokaHotAz
blemish is basically just a nicer word for it's grosser cousins: zit, pimple and acne. though, as mentioned above, it can be anything from a scar to a mole. i think its generally used as an acne term though.

:clap:

FWIW people also talk about blemishes on fruit; or if somebody breaks the law when they normally wouldn't, they talk about it being 'a blemish on their record', neither of which has anything to do with acne.

All acne marks are blemishes, but not all blemishes are acne.

Guest PokaHotAz

FWIW people also talk about blemishes on fruit; or if somebody breaks the law when they normally wouldn't, they talk about it being 'a blemish on their record', neither of which has anything to do with acne.

All acne marks are blemishes, but not all blemishes are acne.

:shifty2: