Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beekerz86

Accutanes effects on redmarks

Well, I'm happy to say I was able to get back on accutane (on half the dose I was previously on) at 40mg day. I've been on it now for about 2 weeks. The oil is gone, my lips are chapped blah blah and I have skin clear of active spots! This is quite exciting for me. My issue is, though, that my face is covered in red marks. close to 50 red marks. no joke. Inner cheeks, forhead, temples- yet my jaw line, nose, chin and neck are perfectly clear. These marks have been lingering on my face for months now. close to 5-6 months actually and I'm really affraid they will scar. I've also read that accutane will slow the repairing process of the skin and most likely worsen my red mark situation and increase my chance of scarring. Is there anything I can use on my face to help the healing process while on accutane or is my only answer just to wait for another 6 months and see if anything imporves? After accutane, I'll most likely want to get a vbeam or chemical peal- or hell- both of them- my skin is pretty damn hideous :doubt: Thanks for any information :)