Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Gentle~Rain

Covering blackheads..

Guest Gentle~Rain

I hate to admit it but my nose has quite a few :( This is the only part of my face I use a liquid foundation on. I'm sure it's bad but I really push it in there to cover them up. They stay covered all day long. If I just use powder/minerals, they show up so bad. How do you cover yours, or do you even bother? I used to use tinted BP and mush it in there too, and that was good also, except the color was a bit orange for me. Why don't they offer it in a better color variety, BP is effective , I wonder why foundations only offer SA as a treatment additive :think:

Guest fatallyours

i find using a primer under foundations makes them non existent, i use Smashbox's Photo Finish foundation primer.

Here's my two cents.

I have a lot of blackheads on my chin as well. Exfoliating with a brush has helped, but not cured the condition, I honestly don't think putting foundation over them on your chin is wise, although I do sometimes wear foundation myself, I try to go as lightly as I can over my chin, because I think that it makes it worse in that area in the long run. Maybe buy a blackhead extractor? and consider some sort of topical that would help purge? Retin A? or Differin? Do a steam before you go to bed, then extract, then apply a toical to the area. :pray:

I'm going to the derm to see about those two.

be careful!

cheers.

Guest Gentle~Rain

I've looked at those extraction tools and , to me, they look like some mid-evil torture devise :shock:

I've looked at those extraction tools and , to me, they look like some mid-evil torture devise :shock:

From what I hear, the tools can work if used properly. But no matter how often you extract blackheads, they'll just keep coming back, so it's basically a waste of time ... unless, of course, you enjoy extractions. In which case, it's a hobby. :)

Retin A is probably the most powerful anti-blackhead treatment short of Accutane. Differin is less irritating to the skin but also less effective.

Q

Guest Gentle~Rain

... unless, of course, you enjoy extractions. In which case, it's a hobby. :)

:lol:

i have one of those extractors.. its good for the blackheads/clogged pores on my forehead.. but i dont even bother using it on my nose and chin because they just keep coming back..

i use the extractor tool on my nose which is the only place i really seem to get them- it gets stuff out- but sometimes i go crazy with it and end up irritating the skin on my nose- but it is somewhat satisfying to use it and see that like something is coming out- but i guess maybe it just doesnt get all if it out-- there are a few spots on my nose where i think it has gotten rid of one or two but for the most part still there--

Could anyone of you, who have the extractors and they really suck out the blackheads even though they come back,... please point me to a link where i can order one *like yours* please? :shifty: Thanx in advance ;)

Covering blackheads ..... ey? I heard a plastic tarp works wonder. If you don't have one of them, perhaps use some a4 paper, and just wrap it around your face. You could poke eye holes. And there you go, your blackheads would never be seen again! Problem solvered... Next! :dance:

Ummm ok in all seriousness, get some differin. It's the best at getting rid of blackheads. Something about how it accelerates the skin shedding, minimizes pores..... I can't remember. Google it. Give it about a month for it to work. 6 weeks fully. But it's great stuff! If you can't be bothered to wait, use say differin in the morning, and BP at night. Once the differin kicks in, loose the BP.