Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Gentle~Rain

Pore Strips..

Guest Gentle~Rain

I've had great luck with them, but only if I steam first. They seems to get a lot out.

Everybody elses results?

They are good every now and then for a quick fix and unclog pores temporary but not all of them more like 50% of them.

When I used them regulary (1-2 a week) they did dammage my skin casuing redness and inflamed (and later scarred) pores.

Guest Gentle~Rain

I've seen someone use one and I was like :o

LOL, I know!!! Look at the thing after you peel it off....EEWWWWW!!! IPB Image

haha my boyfriend uses pore strips.. i can just imagine this bodybuilder type smoothing one onto his face and sitting there tweezing his eyebrows in the bathroom with his whitestrips on while it dries. :lol:

but yeah i tried these things years ago and OUCH they suck! i have very delicate skin and blackheads are not my problem so it was a mistake. but by all means try them if you don't ahve delicate or sensitive skin.

Every time I've felt kinda bored and used one on my nose or forehead, nothing happened after I ripped it off. No pore gunk on the strip, nothing besides some itchiness. Then again, I don't think I'm particularly blackhead prone (if blackheads are what I think they are), and it's quite possible that they do work for people who might actually have them.

I tried them once with no luck.

But I couldn't figure out which darned side to wet and then stick to mah face. :doh:

They should like color the one side, or something for us blondes.

haha my boyfriend uses pore strips.. i can just imagine this bodybuilder type smoothing one onto his face and sitting there tweezing his eyebrows in the bathroom with his whitestrips on while it dries. :lol:

but yeah i tried these things years ago and OUCH they suck! i have very delicate skin and blackheads are not my problem so it was a mistake. but by all means try them if you don't ahve delicate or sensitive skin.

Yeah my boyfriend uses them too....I've never seen him do it, but could just imagine him standing there in his bathroom with a towel around his waist with his tattoo covered arms and back....... trimming his facial hair with a pore strip on his nose....awww.....too cute for words....

I find they work better now that I use a topical retinoid....really loosens them up....but they come back in about a week....

I've only had success with the biore ultra ones... I've tried the regular ones and they don't do all too much. I haven't used one in a while and I've been meaning to, all I have left are the regular ones though.

At most they get out probably 50% of the blackheads. I can't really see all that much of an improvement on my face but then I look at the removed strip. Yuck.

I find they work better now that I use a topical retinoid....really loosens them up....but they come back in about a week....

I was kinda surprised to see this. I expected more of Retin A! How do you find it has affected your blackheads overall?

Q

I was kinda surprised to see this. I expected more of Retin A! How do you find it has affected your blackheads overall?

Q

I don't get huge blackheads anymore....they are really tiny now, and most of them aren't even black...almost like tiny whitish yellowish things (the composition of these things has been discussed before here). If I allow them to remain in there they eventually darken. They are nothing compared to what they looked like last summer...My nose actually has less of these things now than my boyfriend's nose (who doesn't even have acne).....I noticed how many of these little blackhead things he has in the pores on his nose...I guess that's why he has that thing of Biore Ultra Pore strips in his medicine cabinet....

I find that pore strips worked really well for me when I was using an AHA cream daily ...the AHA loosened up the blackheads, so when I used the strip once a week (I only did this for about two months), they came right out. The strip looked absolutely disgusting afterwards ...covered in all sorts of little white/yellow stringy things.

Anyway, this method kept me pretty blackhead-free for about four months, but I just noticed that they seem to be coming back ...woe to people with large pores!

i bought some of those biore strips like 5 days ago and i love the shit that comes off my nose once i remove the strip...i'm gonna start usin these like one a week now so i don't cause irritation

I've just thrown my box of porestrips away. I used another strip earlier this day and now I have alot of inflamed pores and overal redness. It wasn't even worth it because it didn't unclogg my enlarger pores.

Yeah my boyfriend uses them too....I've never seen him do it, but could just imagine him standing there in his bathroom with a towel around his waist with his tattoo covered arms and back....... trimming his facial hair with a pore strip on his nose....awww.....too cute for words....

cute :wacko:

I love pore strips... My nose looks way better than its had before.. I use AHA lotion on my nose a few times a week. I know its only a temporary fix using the strips but I like to see all the junk it pulls out. Kinda gross but oh well!

I use the biore ultra ones about once a week. I use one after I use their self heating mask because it seems to open my pores a bit and really gets some of that stuff out. Since I've been using green cream also they actually seem to be slowly disappearing which is good.

I love the nose strips! In my opinion the best strips are from Ponds. The Biore ones do not have a tighter pull. The ponds on the other hand seems to yank out more blackheads. What I do is throw some hot water on my nose to open the pores then sink the strip quickly under the water and apply. 15 minutes later my nose is squeeky clean without any sign of nasty white/black heads! Good shit! :dance: