Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

remove flakes with DRY WASHCLOTH

When your face is dry, and you discover that your skin is flaky, take a dry washcloth (towel) and gently rub your face with it. The flakes will fall off, and your skin will be smooth and elastic.

• washcloth/towel should be completely dry

• face should be completely dry

maybe your skin is really sensitive/really dry.

This method has solves my flake problems about 80%. I use much less moisturizer since I started using it.

I'll try this, but I really don't trust anything that involves rubbing your skin like that. Isn't physical contact like that the biggest cause of breakouts?

It's not something you should do every day. Dry flaky skin is also a cause of breakouts, and this method is better than putting acid on your skin, or scrubbing it with little plastic "microbeads"

This is mostly for extreme cases of flakes, where moisturizer doesn't fix it, and your face feels tight and dry.

Be careful doing this too often or too forcefully - irritation really is a huge factor in causing breakouts and making your face look worse. Think about it - if you are rubbing your skin with a rough, dry washcloth and physically scraping off the flakes that way, youre basically asking your skin to get all red and angry and mad at you. Be nice to your skin and it will be nice to you (by looking good)!!! I would recommend treating your flakes with lotion and preventing them by putting on Eucerin lotion right after drying your face (after gently washing it) and then wait five minutes, then apply BP, then wait five more, then apply more Eucerin. It's the only way I have controlled my flaky, dry skin and prevented my skin from getting angry and red!

The best solution I have ever seen for that problem is baking soda. Mix baking soda with a little water, then put it on your skin for a few seconds, then wash it off. After that, rinse it with Apple Cider Vinegar dilluted with water. That evens out the baseness of the baking soda and balances pH or something. I don't know how it works, but baking soda removes all dead cells.

I use an exfoliator from the body shop called Aloe Vera facial gel polisher it's for dry/sensitive skin

and contains fine breaks to polish your skin.. I also bought a soft facial brush @ £2.00 from the body

shop. I find this method very gentle and it does not irritate or make your skin angry!

Afterwards I use Aloe Vera Soothing rich night cream for dry/sensitive skin.