Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
**Princess**

what do clear skinned people really think

i had a very intreseting conversation wiht my boyfreind last week. i was feeling all shitty and depressed about my skin coz i had a break out and was feeling all ugly and u know the usual. anyway he neva had to deal with acne and what i find fustrating is that he has gorgeus skin and he doesnt care....... and then i was thinking WHY SHOULD HE CARE. i asked him do u wake up and look in the mirror and think ive got gorgeus skin ????? he said no then he asked me do you wake up everyday and think ive got 2 legs im so lucky, i can see wow i can hear music i can walk this list went on and it did actually make me think... enless u have actually experienced some kind of problem or disfunction with any of your body part then u r not going to see the benefits. i mean call me selfish but i dont think im lucky coz i can walk or see i just think thats part of life and thats obviously what other clear skinned people think. they dont know any difference so why should they appreciate what everyday life brings? its crazy i know but when u think about it its true.

i bet that clear skinned people dont even think about their skin being amazingly clear or their spots i guess they are just lucky but when i finally get clear skin i really really will appreciaite it so much

i waas in tesco last week and this poor girl she was breaking out so badly and my friend turned around to me and said arn't u glad ur skins not that bad i said thats really not funny and that people with clear skin just dont understand i think she thought i was joking .......... yeah becoz acne is so fucking hilarious

Yeah I agree, I think you never know and apperciate what you've got until you've lost it- whether it be clear skin or having 2 legs. I know its hard but we should all realise how lucky we are instead of concentrating on our imperfections. :)

i had a very intreseting conversation wiht my boyfreind last week. i was feeling all shitty and depressed about my skin coz i had a break out and was feeling all ugly and u know the usual. anyway he neva had to deal with acne and what i find fustrating is that he has gorgeus skin and he doesnt care....... and then i was thinking WHY SHOULD HE CARE. i asked him do u wake up and look in the mirror and think ive got gorgeus skin ????? he said no then he asked me do you wake up everyday and think ive got 2 legs im so lucky, i can see wow i can hear music i can walk this list went on and it did actually make me think... enless u have actually experienced some kind of problem or disfunction with any of your body part then u r not going to see the benefits. i mean call me selfish but i dont think im lucky coz i can walk or see i just think thats part of life and thats obviously what other clear skinned people think. they dont know any difference so why should they appreciate what everyday life brings? its crazy i know but when u think about it its true.

i bet that clear skinned people dont even think about their skin being amazingly clear or their spots i guess they are just lucky but when i finally get clear skin i really really will appreciaite it so much

i waas in tesco last week and this poor girl she was breaking out so badly and my friend turned around to me and said arn't u glad ur skins not that bad i said thats really not funny and that people with clear skin just dont understand i think she thought i was joking .......... yeah becoz acne is so fucking hilarious

Thats actually really funny that you mentioned that. I was talking to my grandpa and the topic of prayers that some jews say before/after bed.

The prayer after you wake is a prayer thanking god for returning your soul to your body or somethign ike that. Its basicly a prayer thanking god your not dead.

Totally.

And in the well crafted words of Savage Garden:

I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned

I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned

I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side

I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye

^ Ooh, I've liked how you included the Savage Garden lyrics.

Clear skinned people won't understand acne sufferers until they experience it. I still think it seems clear skinned people have the power to "choose" who they befriend, get along with etc. by judging on appearances more. Once they choose these people, they've set a standard of what type of people they'll look forward in the future (meaning, hanging out with people with no acne, no or barely any acne friends from then on).

i work at proactiv and im covered in zits.. I hate when ppl come to the cart and say, "im really breaking out and i need proactiv" but they only have one piece of shit pimple thats so small it shouldnt even qualify as a pimple! YOU FUCKING FUCK BAGS GET OVER YOURSELVES!! PPL HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS :mad:

i apologize for coming off bitter. but its damm true! and thats what acne does to us! it turns us obsessive, bitter, and super EMO.. :evil:

i think im in the wrong forum..

Yea... I was driving around with a bunch of my friends and one of the girls was like hey you have a pimple right there on my other friends face ... so im like do they even notice that i have friggen bad acne... like there were over 10 visible pimiples on my face... idk... my face has been red because i jsut started this regimen so i come back to class from gym and these two girls were like... whats wrong with your face its soo redd... do you have hives or soemthing and the last thing they said was .. it looks like you have a rash or something... that was the worst thing ever said about my face

Guest Tenshi

yes but starting the day out with that kind of attitude "what is this clear skinned person thinking"..what good does that do? I'm sure they don't care and even if they did, you're just letting them get the better of u. making it seem like it actually matters what they think...it's like saying, that person is better then me, because their opinion matters so much..their face is clear and mine isn't..

It shouldn't work that way..nobody should care what they are thinking..only what is going on inside your own head.

They don't care about people with acne there to busy living there own lifes , and if they did care about people with acne they have no life at all.

Im sure people with clear skin find other things to bitch about like having small boobs, their grades, their crappy social life, how their parents wont give them money.

We will never be happy.

I find this to be a good thingbecasue if we were happy we wouldnt grow. Because we need to find things to make us happy we invent new technologies.

Its funny. Back in tehj day my grandmother used to wash teh dishs by hand. Now that there are dish washing machines she feels relevied. Now when my mom asks me to put the dish in the machine i feel like its a huge task for me to get up and do it. I guess were all spoiled.

Guest Tenshi

It's almost like "clear skinned" ppl are normal and "we" are the aliens..lol that's how this thread sounds...

i work at proactiv and im covered in zits.. I hate when ppl come to the cart and say, "im really breaking out and i need proactiv" but they only have one piece of shit pimple thats so small it shouldnt even qualify as a pimple! YOU FUCKING FUCK BAGS GET OVER YOURSELVES!! PPL HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS :mad:

i apologize for coming off bitter. but its damm true! and thats what acne does to us! it turns us obsessive, bitter, and super EMO.. :evil:

I don't blame you at all, and no, you aren't in the wrong forum!

Like a lot of people are saying, it's a matter of perspective.

Yet, knowing that doesn't help me cope when people think my dark brown hyperpigmentation is some major skin disease :doh:

Hey everyone! I just joined today, but I've had pretty bad acne for as long as I can remember...and yeah I know that you really can't see any acne in my pic but it was a good day. My two best friends also have acne but not nearly as bad as mine; however, almost all of my other friends have clear skin. About a week ago I got my first really big cyst...it was at least that size of a quarter around, taking up more than half of my chin, and very swollen and painful! The swelling has gone down and it is beginning to go away, but the emotional aspect has been horrible. My self-esteem and confidence are now practically nonexistent! And if that wasn't bad enough, I have had to deal with my clear-skinned friends who have absolutely no idea how devastating this is...it is so frustrating!! How do you explain it to them...can you explain it to them? *deep breath* So anyway, thank you for letting me vent...any advice for dealing with friends, severe acne, and all the psychological issues would be very much appreciated!

Whoa! You're brave to work at a Proactiv counter with acne. I wouldn't be able to do it. I'd feel like each of my pimples were filled with neon, plugged in and blinking : I HAVE ACNE.

Wow, I'm serious, you've got guts man.

Yea... I was driving around with a bunch of my friends and one of the girls was like hey you have a pimple right there on my other friends face ... so im like do they even notice that i have friggen bad acne... like there were over 10 visible pimiples on my face... idk... my face has been red because i jsut started this regimen so i come back to class from gym and these two girls were like... whats wrong with your face its soo redd... do you have hives or soemthing and the last thing they said was .. it looks like you have a rash or something... that was the worst thing ever said about my face

:nod: Totally understand. My friends did that once, with me right there, only her's turned out NOT to be a pimple. She burnt it with her curling iron... And then she got offended.

I was like sitting on the bed with my hand under my chin so I don't literally drop my jaw.

It's almost like "clear skinned" ppl are normal and "we" are the aliens..lol that's how this thread sounds...

I'm an alien.