Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
martin06

Martin's Accutane Log

Day One

Taken at 5.30pm after 24 hours it had no effect, unsurprisingly after one day. Nothing to report.

Day Two

So far no real effect, although a large cyst had been forming and did seem quite big 9 hours ago, only for it to have decreased a lot in size overnight.

Day Three

Hmm... my skin looks worse but I don't think I'll put it down to accutane, 'cos it's been three days. The spots will have been forming anyway methinks. I have about 6 major 'spots'... 4 are probably classifiable as cysts. I don't particularly care. In fact I'm inclined to say it can be as bad as it wants, because I want my intiial breakout asap.

Skin isn't dry. Bit sore though, although the cleanser I use seems a little harsh lately. Moisturiser helps though. Lips are fine. Joints are fine, but wouldn't care if they weren't to be honest.

I want progress! [/impatience]

I didnt notice my acne getting worse, after just two months of treatment it got a lot better, just really dry, go to walgreens, they have an oil free moisturizer that worked awsome! Stick in there with the treatment, it works

Brian

I didnt notice my acne getting worse, after just two months of treatment it got a lot better, just really dry, go to walgreens, they have an oil free moisturizer that worked awsome! Stick in there with the treatment, it works

Brian

thank you

i enjoy reading posts in my journal so if anyone has any contributions, please feel free :)

just about to take my 4th dose now, ironically. hopefully magical fairies will come over night and make my acne disappear, then i can run outside naked and do a celebration dance.

:(

Day Four

Dry skin and lips. Nothing major but it's well on it's way.

Neck has several painful cystic types. Not impressed. They've been there all week but today they are worse.

Worst skin ever

If i run my hand down my face, my skin peels straight off. My lips feel nasty but when I lick them they feel fine, weird.

I have huge cysts mainly all on my neck. Several spots on my chin and cheeks. Scars look a lot more prominent. ARGH I hate this. I don't want to leave the house. And it's only going to get worse isn't it. Nyeh.

just about to take my 4th dose now, ironically. hopefully magical fairies will come over night and make my acne disappear, then i can run outside naked and do a celebration dance.

haha that's funny, you should definitely do it if it happens. I just have to say that's one of the best things I've seen in anyones blog.

and about your face, just focus on how good you're gonna look. You're gonna be one huge stud with girls hanging all over you, haha. I was trying to think of a similie....you'll be honey to girls like honey is to pooh bear...HA..great..that was one of the most retarded things I've ever thought.(or said). Well anyways your face will definitely start improving, no worries.

I'll definitely check back to see how you're doing.

p.s. Sorry if I seem alittle crazy, I've had alot of candy today.

hehe thanks

i keep trying to focus on how good it will be to be clear but i have SO many events in the next four months that are really worrying me. weddings and parties and birthdays and more. i'm just so worried about it and it's probably making me worse. i hate this.

i really can see why people get depressed from this pill because there is so much hype surrounding its success that when it makes things worse it can really hit you hard. i have good people around me but others may not.

well...i think by month 4 your skin should definitely be looking pretty darn clear..

and what i did when i was breaking out and had to go to places i just told myself they're probably used to seeing me like this and don't expect anything more of me...it's probably the normal me to them. or...if it was people i didn't know...I just tried not thinking about it. And focused like no girl has focused before. haha..on the future of course.

yes good idea

incidently, my skin has been very oily, yet still flaky. i didnt think that was possible, but there you go. pain in the ass.

i need to get a grip. i can't let a few small pills control my fucking life :(

My skin is the same way, and I don't understand how it can be so dry and oily at the same time. What a combination.

Did the Accutane really dry out your skin that much after only 4 days? Looks like you are a couple of days ahead of me on this treatment.

I hope everything gets better soon.

it certainly contributed yes. the cold weather won't have helped though.

this morning i woke to painful spots on my chin and the entire left side of my face and neck is covered in marks and cysts. the right side is ok though, just full of marks.

i keep getting lots of little whiteheads which are annoying. i never used to get many of these at all so i've no doubts that its the roaccutane doing it.

just had a shower and my skin feels very very tight and quite dry. but not flaky dry.

roaccutane is weird.

i think i prefer being dry to being hot and oily though, as that's all ive had to contend with lately.

as for spots, well pretty much the same story, but my red marks and scars look a lot worse than usual. probably because i don't have my tan now.

cysts are bad. real sore too. and two are very large. i'm not one for exagerating but yeah they're bad.

i'm still undecided if this is my initial breakout though. i just want to be how i was 2 weeks ago. if i am like that in a month then i'll be happy. i don't want much. just some improvement.

ok

i hate being on roaccutane

it has made my skin a lot worse than it was originally

it has removed any hint of confidence i may have had

it makes me want to stay indoors and never see anyone

i have lots of cysts, marks, dry skin, spots that are painful

i don't like this one bit :( when will it get better :(

just went to the tanning salon, only for 3 minutes though. i might as well not have bothered but i am proud of myself for having the confidence to walk into the salon, never mind to use the beds.

its doubley worse for me because i've just come straight off a course of doxycycline to start roaccutane, so my body is like 'uh dude where is the doxycycline?' and my brain is like 'uh...' and then my body is like 'if you don't give me doxycycline then i'm gonna make you breakout'.

my face is the leader.

so anyway: roaccutane + no doxycycline = very bad skin

==

anyhoo, my skin is just the same as before... whiteheads, a few cysts, lots of prominent red marks

very itchy scalp... not sure how to make it not itchy either :/

haha! that was really funny. GREATNESS. well eventually you're gonna have to take control and tell your face that you're on accutane now, and it'll eventually get over the fact that you're not on that dyxidktodek weird name thing anymore.

uhhhhhhhhh and for your scalp i use head&shoulders now and it helps!!

my skin actually seems 'ok' at the moment. i'd say its only marginally worse than it was before i started roaccutane.

i'm not pleased as such but i'm happier than i was yesterday. i was really down yesterday.

and i already use head and shoulders. damn!

8th tablet was taken at 5pm today. it's amazing how time flies when you're having no fun whatsoever.

well that sucks about the shampoo thing

and i took mine at like 5 too! i was so ready to take it because we finally got my perscription today and i've been so antsy not being on accutane. after i took it i was like oh crap i forgot to eat something..so i ate some sliced ham..haha...so much for "good absorbtion".

i'm really starting to hate this drug. the uncertainty it gives you, the irritated, sore skin.

i have a lot of spots around my chin and mouth that aren't whiteheads, but they're like small cysts and i can always feel them and it's not nice. the right cheek is ok but the left isn't so good, particuarly the neck area and jawline.

forehead has been better but is tolerable currently.

now i've had 9 days of tablets. i'm unsure if i've had my initial breakout or i am going through it. i would take either as i had expected worse.

can anyone recommend me something to make the active spots and cysts go away?

also, current regime =

morning wash with cold water

moisturise

evening

wash with warm/hot water and 100% natural soap. clear and smooth cleansing scrub/wash. rinse with soap and water.

moisturise sometimes.

that's all i do. no ointments or creams or lotions or what have you. before i stated accutane i used to use topical treatments.

can anyone comment on my current situation and give their opinion? thanks

well that clear & smooth scrub/wash could be too rough on your skin...I just use cetaphil gentle clenser or something and it doesn't irritate mine at all.

and i don't think there's anything you can particularly do to make the active spots and cysts go away...except time

ok well my chin has broken out pretty bad

my top lip - if not painful enough due to the dryness - now has a spot right on the line to contend with. this is making eating quite awkward.

i'm sat with an aspirin mask on as i type.

scalp is very itchy

and i have a spot on my right cheek now. all the other spots from the previous days remain. damn this sucks.