Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
saraw

Neutr. healthy skin lotion once or 2x/day?

I have the Neutrogena healthy skin lotion with AHA and SPF. The directions are kinda vague. Should I use it once a day or twice a day? I tolerate it fine and don't have any irritation from it at once a day. Also, I don't understand something on the bottle. It says that it may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun so you should use sun screen when going out in the sun. But the lotion has sun screen in it! Is it advisable not to use it during the day in hot weather and only use it at night? (in which case I would have got the one without sunscreen.)

I have the Neutrogena healthy skin lotion with AHA and SPF. The directions are kinda vague. Should I use it once a day or twice a day? I tolerate it fine and don't have any irritation from it at once a day. Also, I don't understand something on the bottle. It says that it may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun so you should use sun screen when going out in the sun. But the lotion has sun screen in it! Is it advisable not to use it during the day in hot weather and only use it at night? (in which case I would have got the one without sunscreen.)

hey saraw,

first of: the directions r not suitable for a regimen user.

r u on any kind of regimen? do u use anything else along with it?

i don't know how i would use it if i weren't on the regimen, or if i would at all, but maybe i could contribute by my experience with this product so far.

i'm a regimen user, and i use it once a day, at night, i apply it 15 minutes after the BP, only on my cheeks (that's where the red marks are), and then i add neutr. moisture spf15 immediately. then there're some redness and stinging, but it settles down within half an hour.

without the moist, my skin would be left flakey (coz of the BP) and red (coz of the healthy skin lotion, most likely).

i've been using it for about 3 weeks now. my red marks have shrinked but never left completely. i also got confused by the directions written on the bottle, so i've posted a thread about it and got some suggestions that it might be too harsh for my skin if used along with BP, so 1/6 a finger, once a day seems fair enough.

some folks said it contains vit. A which could be dangerous if used with BP, but oh well..

bottom line, it's a good stuff, improves the complection and evens the skin tone, but i wouldn't recommend it for a sensitive or a tortured by other products skin..

hope it helped,

cheers,

Thanks for the reply Lance. Can you direct me to the post you mentioned? I couldn't find it when I searched.

yea, I'd say just use once daily, that stuff is potent on top of bp.

I tried using it twice a day, and about 4 days later, was left with a nice red, peely face, not pretty.

If you are tolerating it once a day, that's probably a good place to be.

Can you be out in the sun with it on? It says it makes your skin sensitive to the sun but at the same time it has SPF in it. What do you think?

I wouldn't spend all day in the sun without some extra sunscreen, it only has spf 15.

But periodic random sunlight, I personally wouldn't stress over.

wait lance u put on the neutrogena moustirizer right after u put on bp? while bp is still moist?

yep.

i donno if it's a right thing to do, but since i'm using BP, i need to moisturize anyway.

so 15 minutes after applying the BP, i rub some lotion on my cheeks (for a couple of seconds), and then, right after, i put moisturizer allover my face. some ppl mix the lotion with their moist. and apply them together, so i guess it works just as well..

bp absorbs whithin 15 minutes.

p.s. sorry, cannot find my post either :confused: