Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

The best diet in the world

if your only goal is to lose fat, then you are right.

I dare you to go on a diet of nothing but small amounts of little debbies for a couple months. you'd be seriously malnourished

Though there is some truth to that statement, obviously you are joking.

and, BFGUITAR, have you seriously tried a low(er) glycemic-load diet which is also high in good fats? it took me years to even give it a chance. I had serious reservations about it. I thought people who supported it were full-of-it or obsessive. (plus I had misguided beliefs about nutrition and gastrointestinal response to food) And even if it did work, I seriously didn't believe I would be able to follow it. After I decided to give it a chance, it took weeks for me to really understand how to follow it correctly. It is my belief that people who have tried acne diets before either followed advice that simply doesn't apply to acne patients or simply don't follow them correctly. For example, in my case, eating frequently rather than large meals seems to make a big difference.

I'm not sure how long it took me to clear up the first time I tried it. It was actually kind of rocky starting out eating this way. But after a couple of weeks I felt totally fine and actually my energy levels increased immensely. It seems that now I can stop new acne from forming immediately- and get relatively clear within a couple of weeks.

Of course, this is just my experience. And I've only been following it for a couple of months, and not perfectly. Not nearly enough time or trials to give it 100% support. But it seems every time I try it, I get clear. Every time I have a big hi-glycemic meal (like mountains of potatoes), my skin starts to sting within a couple of hours afterwards, it gets really oily and inflamed, and then I have acne over the next few days.

I'm not claiming it will work for everyone else. I just don't want other people who it WILL work for to be turned off before even giving it a chance.

I really eat what ever I want.

This does not mean i eat crappy good keep thatin mind.

Ive never been on an "acne diet" and i never will go on one. Im not going to stress myself over something.

If someone told me that bread was causing my acne and if i stopped eating bread i woul gett no more acne, i would just say screw you. I like my food.

Here is a normal day for me

Breakfast

Toasted bagel with peanut butter, yoghurt, glass of milk, and maybe some fruit. Some times if im hungry i have a bit of oatmeal

Lunch

Cold cut sandwhich with a glass of water

Dinner

Can vary from cow ribs, steak, lamb, but really 5/7 days of the week i eat chicken with some veggies. I also eat a bunch of olives (yay good fats!).

After dinner i have dessert which usually consists of some fruit. For ther est of the night im fine. I dont get hungry.

I used to be a fat kid but i just started to eat better food and cut out the crappy food.

Good for you on your diet. I could never do that. I love food too much to give it up.

Good for you on your diet. I could never do that. I love food too much to give it up.

okay, okay. I need to clarify that I enjoy eating the way I am now. I eat lots of fruits, dark chocolate, olive oil, eggs, etc. Foods I genuinely enjoy eating. This isn't a calorie restriction diet, so in regard to food, I don't "give it up". I might have been a little unclear by using the word "diet". "Diet" usually means calorie restriction, and something you don't enjoy. I should have used "eating habits". This is no "diet" (other than the forethought that goes into it in the beginning).

I would never go on something that I didn't enjoy. You are right, life is too short to spend your time doing something that you feel is a hassle or incomplete. I didn't mean to imply that you have to take the fun out of eating in order to eat a low to moderate glycemic diet.. just that you have to smart about it.

It is probably a lot easier for someone like me to say this, because I've never had that much of an appetite. If it wasn't for the ritual, sometimes I would forget to eat (and losing weight is something I DON'T want). Besides, I'm just in the early stages of hammering this out anyway. So I might be defending something that's unnecessary. I might discover that I had some nutrient deficiency or that I'm getting an abundance of some nutrient that is doing the trick or something. Who knows.

I'm actually not in a position to really explain why what I'm doing seems to be working. I'll have to come back in a few months when I'm more experienced with this.

Ive never been on an "acne diet" and i never will go on one. Im not going to stress myself over something.

Ironically, I found acne.org's Regimen to be more stressful than simply eating frequently throughout the day (something most of us find ourselves wanting to do anyway, and from which we derive joy). I mean, wash the face, wait a long while, apply BP, wait a long while, apply the moisturizer..... While ANY routine can become second-nature, there is still something unnatural about the feel of doing this. BTW, I'm not knocking people who adhere to The Regimen. More power to them if it works for them. I'm not trying to put them down. But I don't wash any more. No soap on the face. No moisturizer. No BP. Just a splash of water on the face at night.

I also eat a bunch of olives (yay good fats!).

and when I say "good fats", I don't mean just a little with dinner. I'd say probably 30% of my caloric intake is coming from the combination of olive oil and avocado (very similar to the mediterranean diet mindset) (with probably close to 40% of my diet consisting of fat)

And I don't advocate that anyone else stick to eating this way everyday. And like I said above, I'm still in the early stages of figuring this all out. But it looks VERY promising.

-

Well i go to the gym so im trying to cut donw my fat intake.

I generaly dont eat fatty foods at all except for breakfast and dinner. Even then its not alot.

I eat alot of protien.

If you dont want to lose weight than you have to eat something to balance out your fast metabolism.

Im just assuming you may want to gain some weight by the way you said you didnt want to lsoe weight.

hahah you crack me up xD

the REAL way though is to do lots of crunches (i do 15-200 a day), go on the treadmill LOTS (i try to burn about 500 calories on it a day) and do a little weight training if you like. Also, I try to eat only grilled chicken and fruits and veggies and only drink water. It helps your skin quite a bit. I'm thin but I stay on that diet anyway, great for the summer months =p

I try to stay away from acne cleansers and such, we werent made for that, i stick by rinsing with water and putting olive oil on my face, but I do use a part lotion part liquid soap to get the olive oil off. I also take vitamin e, thats makes your skin look so much nicer. I'm interested in looking for some rose oil though also

If you dont want to lose weight than you have to eat something to balance out your fast metabolism.

Im just assuming you may want to gain some weight by the way you said you didnt want to lsoe weight.

No doubt I could benefit (aesthetically) from putting on a little weight. But one thing at a time. I seriously feel like I'm on the verge of discovering how to clear my skin up. It is amazing, because I have gone through periods of trying to be "healthy" and have gone through periods of using lots of skin products, but it all failed. My own failed experiments in the past are why I can totally relate to all the people skeptical of the diet connection. I will probably know within a few weeks for sure. If it turns out that it works, I will take pictures-- then I'll go a day or two eating high glycemic load meals (yet, with no net caloric increase over the "safety diet" days), and then take pictures over the following days and post them. Finally, I will take pictures as I go back on the safety "diet". I figure it will either be obvious or I will be wrong.

I just dont beleive in diets such as these. If they did work it would have to be my last resort. Keeping something liek this up over a long period of time would bother me.

If you take away my guitar or my food ill get pissed. Take anything but those and ill be perfectly fine :D

I just dont beleive in diets such as these.

Neither did I before I tried it. I totally understand. Plus, I'm not 100% sure about this yet anyway. Only time will tell.

If you take away my guitar or my food ill get pissed. Take anything but those and ill be perfectly fine :D

Yeah, don't do something you don't like. If a topical regimen is working for you, then keep with it!

I love the foods I'm eating now (I'm eating dark chocolate every day, how could I not like it?). I'm eating "high fat", which is tasty in itself. I feel much more energetic.

On a side note, did anyone see in news the recent, huge 8 year study that was done in the US about low-fat vs high fat? Granted the study was only 8 years, and it was done on older women. But it was the largest study done to-date on low fat vs high fat... and guess what? Low fat didn't show any statistically significant increase in health. I used to think that low-fat was healthful. My own experience, this study, and many many things I've read over the past few years have convinced me otherwise.

I firmly believe in the low glycemic index diet, because the acne on my back has decreased by 80% since I started it.

check out Dan's answer in this really old post of mine: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...topic=32624&hl=

Okay, cucumbers really are incredibly low calorie. I must stress that I'm not reducing my calories at all. I'm simply displacing the high glycemic load meals with more frequent, lower glycemic load meals.

T∑PLØ, I'm sure you've fine-tuned your low-glycemic load diet since then. I'm sure you are eating more calories.

I firmly believe in the low glycemic index diet, because the acne on my back has decreased by 80% since I started it.

check out Dan's answer in this really old post of mine: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...topic=32624&hl=

And Dan is right. Fasting will clear up acne- by normalizing hormone and blood sugar levels (at least as far as my limited biology knowledge can explain it). But there are far more healthful ways to normalize insulin/blood sugar. (Like eating small, relatively unprocessed low glycemic meals, relatively "high" in fat (mostly "good" fat) [and high in good protein for some people], frequently throughout the day)

Eat less food

haha my friends and i call this 'the miracle diet'

clause a is not eating

clause b is bulimia

never fails!

[and yeah i'm being kind of sarcastic. but i feel much healthier when i don't gorge myself]