Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michaelangelo

Why Soda Causes Acne?

I found this on a website

"If you have lots of gas with no odor really, you're not just lucky, you're probably having problems digesting carbohydrates. For that, lactic acid is the best response. Lactic acid is found in fermented cabbage (cortido, kim chee, sauerkraut), or you can actually buy lactic acid tabs. Digestive enzymes are also good, as are organic salts which can be found in Bieler Broth, or zucchini and celery."

If soda makes you break out its probably because your system has a hard time digesting carbs. Each soda conatins a decent amount of carbs. I started taking digestive enzymes and drinking ACV and soda no longer breaks me out. I dont have to really work about my diet as much as before also.

How many causes are there for acne seriously! One day it's milk and the next it's soda! It's more unknowen the causes of cancer, some think it's hormones and other's think it's not exfoliating your skin!

Might as well just die if you have acne.

How many causes are there for acne seriously! One day it's milk and the next it's soda! It's more unknowen the causes of cancer, some think it's hormones and other's think it's not exfoliating your skin!

Might as well just die if you have acne.

These days, everything causes something *rolls eyes*

cmon its soda its a man made product tons of sugar will give you whiteheads if someone drinks a 20 ounce thats around 75 carbs of sugar and its not even a good sugar what is your daily allowance of carbs in a day around 300g for 2000 calories. then you go on in the day and eat a debbie cake and go to a fastfood restruant and get a meal thats over 60% of your DV and and so thats 100 grams of sugar 1/3 of your carbs, and the mcDs meal is 60% of you sodium at the least.

you dont have digestion problems just dont drink fing cokes and eat less sugar for your carbs and stay away from fast food and refined foods

I found this on a website

"If you have lots of gas with no odor really, you're not just lucky, you're probably having problems digesting carbohydrates. For that, lactic acid is the best response. Lactic acid is found in fermented cabbage (cortido, kim chee, sauerkraut), or you can actually buy lactic acid tabs. Digestive enzymes are also good, as are organic salts which can be found in Bieler Broth, or zucchini and celery."

If soda makes you break out its probably because your system has a hard time digesting carbs. Each soda conatins a decent amount of carbs. I started taking digestive enzymes and drinking ACV and soda no longer breaks me out. I dont have to really work about my diet as much as before also.

Or to get some lactic acid flowing you could do some exercise, get rid of spots and get fit!

Or because everything seems to cause acne, you will probably sweat and clog your pores.

yes.. we all know sugar is the main cause of acne.. these topics are getting pathetic.. if you think sugar is the main cause of your acne.. or even giving you acne .. your kidding urself.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I'm sorry, but you guys are stupid!

You seem very intelligent, unlike the dummies in here. Pfft.

Chocolate, soda, cheese, milk, candy, pizza, WHATEVER! This does not cause acne!

Refined carbohydrates and sugars are definately known to exacerbate Acne. Insulin spikes cause an increase in the Male hormone Testosterone, the main factor in Acne.

If you think I am just being a BITCH, then go ahead and ask your doctor, I'm sure you'll feel very stupid after visiting him/her.

I do visit my Doctor, and my Dermatologist. They both feel that diet plays a large role in the severity of Acne. Why is it that i'd feel stupid?

I think everyone just makes excuses.

You seem to be the only one in this thread who fits under that heading!

I eat whatever the hell I want to eat. The only time I ever breakout is when it's that time of the month.

Congratulations, you must be really healthy inside. Also, i'm glad you know that your acne is triggered by a fluctuation in hormone levels during menstruation, not everyone has thier's worked out to such definite causes.

I am soooo tired of everyone putting posts about this crap. Do you even know how stupid you guys sound. Just say to yourself this line, "Soda gives me pimples". It sounds stupid! It's only a myth.

Maybe you should read something about the Science behind it, then you may have something valuable to contribute. I think i nullified the 'myth' somewhat up there in my post.

i love soda, not everyday...but i always find myself craving soda....i drink coffee, not everyday...but i dont crave coffe...

there is something about soda...

anyway, if i drink soda...i break out.....im drinking soda rite now, im going to drink the whole 2 liter and see wat happens when i wake up, if i break out....if that happens....then i guess no more soda for me....ever :shrug::mad::wall::boohoo:

well im on Day 5 of my Soda quitting journey and i have seen a slight improvement so far. I used to drink 2L of Coke every single day . Hopefully it does make a change in my skin cause it is damn hard to quit this stuff. 5 days without it and im still craving it every night

Okay... how many times can this be reiterated.

Improving your general health (eating better; drinking more water; avoiding foods that stress your body like intolerances to dairy or gluten) helps your skin on some level.

Your body, however, does not shed digestive system toxins through the facial skin-- this is scientifically (at least at this point) nonsensical.

Diet won't be a miracle cure but could definitely make a significant difference if for the fact that it reduces what I'd call "body stress".