Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr.Wiggles

Why are ugly people smart?

Every friend I have in high school who hasn't gotten laid / or hasn't had a steady girlfriend, is an A/B student. These kids are socially competent, but all have some physical trait which nullifies their qualification as ''attractive''

In fact, I'd say the vast majority of kids with acne at my school, have GPA's over 3.5 unweighted. The same applies to kids who dont' have acne, but are considered unattractive by society's general standards.

I've always thought it was because they can devote themselves to their studies, without any interruptions. I mean with the prospect of getting a girlfriend being non existant, what else is there to focus on? When one dosen't worry about getting sex (because they simply can't and have gave up) then one is bound to excel in their studies.

Of course there is always the exception; as many slow witted people happen to be ugly.

This same correlation applies to attractive people as well. Blue eyed blonds, with double d's are for the most part, stupid. Why? Perhaps because they do not need intellegence to get by in life. Maybe its because they are to concerned with their rampant sex life to worry about something as trivial as grades. Once again though, there are exceptions.

Anyone agree? Or am I just talking out of my ass?

This is teh dumbest post ive ever seen.

I guess by ur reasoning you must be the hottest person in the world.

You are talking out of ur ass.

Your following a steriotype.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me.. I'm neither attractive or terribly smart.

Also, I cant tell if BFGuitar is joking or not.. :think:

well ur logic is off, i dont have it in the looks department

Haah..hah... er.. youre kidding right? :P

Totally gay for Adam. :wub:

(joking, but you're a good looking guy)

QUOTE(o_Adam_o @ Feb 12 2006, 04:40 PM) *

Perfect example.

BFG: No i'm not particularly attractive, but neither is my GPA. I'm about a 7/10 in the looks department with a B average, which makes perfect sense to me.

I do good in school.

That's because those A's are addictive, man.

Also, I've had a steady boyfriend all through high school. And now I have a different, but more steady boyfriend.

And he says I'm beautiful :D

But I have acne. Pretty bad.

So I think you're wrong. People do what works for them.

Hmm well when i had clear skin a year ago I was a fucken baller in college most girls think im cute and cuddly or whatever lol and i had a 2.7 gpa and failed calculus twice.... my shitty grades were a result of too much weed. I just never really have ambition to study n shit.

I had a 4.0 GPA unweighted for the first 15 years of my education and I think I am pretty hot goddamn it! However, I am quite a nerd! :dance:

People think Im pretty good looking and I'm an A/B student.

Howcome so many doctors that work in hospitals are good looking? They have to get the highest marks to get into the university.

People think Im pretty good looking and I'm an A/B student.

Howcome so many doctors that work in hospitals are good looking? They have to get the highest marks to get into the university.

Doctors dont need the higehst marks to get into universities.. People that go in Management and Business Administration do and the people that want to work for "911 department"...

Here in Toronto for example, you can become a doctor with a 75%.. To go to this program for business admin you need a 92-94%. And for the 911 thing you need about a 96% and only 20 people per year get accepted...

Not all doctors are good looking.. Most of them are chinks that just arived from china fresh off the boat... The other couple are a few immigrants also.. My family doctor is a chink who has had probabily severe acne in his days or smallpox.. His cheeks are scarred like crazy.. And he gets a lot of patients..

I happen to think his theory is right.. But there's a second part..

May it be that because of their nerdy style and their boring behaviour that the A/B kids have, that makes them become more unattractive? I think so.. They sit with their noses in the books all day and at the end of the day have no social interactions, etc...They don't really know how to be attractive/funny and entertain people...

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

Of course there is always the exception; as many slow witted people happen to be ugly.

I am quick witted and attractively challenged!!! ..haha u r wrong :razz:

Anyone agree? Or am I just talking out of my ass?

..your ass has a lisp.

For the people who say they are both attractive and smart, your opinion is obviously going to be biased. We need objective data that can be judged, such as photos and class information to accurately assess one's intellegence and beauty.

Simply saying, ''My mom says i'm a cutie and a smartie pie'' won't suffice.

What's considered attractive? People tell me I'm attractive, but I don't think I am. So which opinion counts? Mine, or that of other people? Also, how I I know they're not lying?

there are people I think are ugly, but they don't know that they are.

there are hot people who think they're ugly.

I'd think that one's own perception of themselves has more to do with how they behave.

It has to do with self-consciousness I think. If you're self-conscious, that means that you don't think too highly of yourself. It also means that you are AWARE of your own body.

Does that mean that not being aware of your own body will cause you to be more confident?

How would one quit being aware of themselves? Perhaps if they focus their evergy on other people, and think about other people, instead of themselves.

Solution: think of other people, and you will be confident.

What's considered attractive? People tell me I'm attractive, but I don't think I am. So which opinion counts? Mine, or that of other people? Also, how I I know they're not lying?

If you are getting pussy with minimal effort or if the other sex is pre-emptive in attempting to establish a relationship with you, then you are most likely attractive.

In other words, if you have been hit upon, even if only on a semi-regular basis, then you're probably attractive.

In other words, if you have been hit upon, even if only on a semi-regular basis, then you're probably attractive.

here's another question: hit on by who? Ugly people or attractive people? Maybe when an ugly girl hits on you, you don't understand it, and think that she just wants to be friends, cause you couldn't imagine banging her?

What if the type of person who is attracted to you, not the kind of person who hits on random people? Maybe she is waiting for you to talk to her, but you don't because you're not confident enough?

You really dont like me do you :P

Perhaps BFGUITAR secretly believes this post's content, so he is underlining his convictions of his own attractiveness by making spelling mistakes

or rather:

Pehraps BFGUITR secrtely believ's this posts content so he is underligning his convitcions of he's own atractivenes by maekign speling mistake's

mwahahahahaha

No question mark in the end? Misspelled words? No comma?

WE EXPOSED YOU, YOU HOT FAKER! COME OUT FORM BEHIND YOUR SHIELD! WE CAUGHT YOU WITH YOUR PANTS DOWN, NOISILY URINATING ON MY LAWN WHILE THE SPRINKLERS ARE BATHING YOU WITH CHEMICALS!!!

Perhaps BFGUITAR secretly believes this post's content, so he is underlining his convictions of his own attractiveness by making spelling mistakes

or rather:

Pehraps BFGUITR secrtely believ's this posts content so he is underligning his convitcions of he's own atractivenes by maekign speling mistake's

mwahahahahaha

:clap:

Great call! :lol:

Hahaha, this is hilarious.

I don't fit the stereotype. But I'll agree that in general, this is an accurate stereotype. I think I'm fairly attractive with a nice body and I have a 3.8 at a tough college, and I'm in the engineering school.

I do think that my face is not that pretty, because I have strong features, like a big bump in my nose and acne, of course. But I take care of myself and stay active, so I don't think I was born beautiful. I just work hard at everything I do.

or rather:

mwahahahahaha

No question mark in the end? Misspelled words? No comma?

WE EXPOSED YOU, YOU HOT FAKER! COME OUT FORM BEHIND YOUR SHIELD! WE CAUGHT YOU WITH YOUR PANTS DOWN, NOISILY URINATING ON MY LAWN WHILE THE SPRINKLERS ARE BATHING YOU WITH CHEMICALS!!!

Ever thought that they may be typing errors?

Great logic there....