Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peachplumpear

Postitive Effects of Acne?

On days like this I have to remind myself to try to think as positively as I can.

I had been crying my eyes out tonight, went to the store to buy acne body wash, and the guy behind the counter was one of my classmates. ha! it doesn't seem like a big deal at all, but for some reason it made me feel so much worse >_<

I am tryinggg to think positively. If you really can't think of anything good, try not to respond b/c believe me, I am already down enough right now.

But trying to look on the bright side of things

+I eat incredibly healthy meals now

+I am exercising more

+I drink a TON more water

+I am more conscious of what's going on with my body

+Whenever my acne finally clears (oh how i wish it were right now) it hopefully will have made me a stronger person/more sympathetic to the problems of others

Hah nice, back when I had acne I was such a game addict I didn't even try to fix it. Escapism to the extreme!

I was going to say once the acne is cleared, you'll be a good modest person due to your painful experience, but I guess you already covered that.

Well the only thing acne has made me do differently was drink more water and wash my face lol.

you didnt wash your face before?

0_0 oh my! well that is still good!

I had never heard the words "wash" and "face" in a sentence before i had acne lol.. Yet i had flawless skin..

Well I'm eberassed to buy something in front of a person even if I won't see them again. If it was a classmate, OMG!!! I'm also emberassed when I'm in the acne aisle because it's full of girly stuff lol. >_<. Plus acne alone is emberassing.

Acne does change your habits a lot (for the sake of lessening the acne). I always believed acne makes one more human, thinking beyond what is superficial.

I work as a housekeeper. I thought it would make me NOT want to bleach everything.....but it has the oppisite effect! My job makes me want to bleach EVERYTHING in this house!

Acne does change your habits a lot (for the sake of lessening the acne). I always believed acne makes one more human, thinking beyond what is superficial.

Funny, I agree with your first statement but disagree completely with your second. If anything, I notice what is (quite literally) on the surface of others MORE because of my skin. I notice minor blemishes others have that they themselves probably don't know about simply because I'm so used to nitpicking my own flaws.

Yes, but are you as likely to judge them as dirty, gross, or otherwise unknowable by thier blemishes?

I notice blemishes more on people now. But I don't judge them as much as I used to because of it.

Yes, but are you as likely to judge them as dirty, gross, or otherwise unknowable by thier blemishes?

I notice blemishes more on people now. But I don't judge them as much as I used to because of it.

Fair point. No, I don't judge other people with bad skin because of their blemishes (like making assumptions that they don't wash their face or are otherwise dirty), but I don't think I did before my skin got bad either. So acne hasn't really negatively changed my opinion of anyone else, but it certainly has made me drawn more to examining the superficial even if the observations don't affect my assessment. Ceteris paribus, I think I am more superficial because of acne.

yarr. I hate going out to buy acne meds but it's such a downer on how you're embarassed to be seen buying it. Acne only has a positive effect if it fades away/gets the hell out of your system.

THATS THE WORST... a bunch of friends who are girls work at CVS so i have to friggen go to like walgreens cause i dont know anyone who works there... and im like this persons probably gonna look at my face and be like UGH .... but i just keep saying that... hey at least im doing something about it..

the worst part of acne? I go to the store to get myself a new manicure set to fix my nails for a party and end up buying a ton of acne products that i know would never work but haddd to add to my collection anyway. Then of course, i go to the party with the same skin and nails that look rat-bitten. ahh the cruelty!

Well the only thing acne has made me do differently was drink more water and wash my face lol.

you didnt wash your face before?

0_0 oh my! well that is still good!

I never washed my face until I was like 16 and started getting acne, and even then I Just washed the parts where I get acne for about 5 years, I just recently started washing the parts of my face where I don't get acne, which is a large part of my face, basically the whole lower half except my chin. It's funny, I can go months, years, without washing that part of my face and not get any zits. But the chin and forehead, leave them for a day and shit goes crazy.

Positive effects for me:

a) Helps me philosophize on atheism, nihilism, misanthropy, and pessimism.

b) Helps me learn how to more effectively manipulate the world to get what I want, i.e. I'm ugly so I have to develop these other skills in order to get what I want and need. The world better watch out if I ever get decent skin...