Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewK

Flakiness after showering

So, I've been on the regimen for two weeks now, skin is looking smoother and more consistent, and no ultra huge breakouts anymore, though the acne is mostly still there, it's actually under control.

Anyway, my situation is a little weird: I take a shower, and use Purpose Gentle soap on my face, with my hands, as the regimen states. However, if I stay out of the shower too long without putting BP gel or moisturizer on my face, it starts to flake like there's no tomorrow. This didn't happen when I used the PG soap before I started using the regimen.

Just a minor concern, but I was wondering if it's a product of the soap, or of the longterm effect BP has on my skin. Also, it might be a major concern, since I know that skin flakes are a major cause of acne. What to do? My face is perfectly dry about a minute after patting it dry with a towel, but the mirror doesn't unfog for about 15 minutes. It's a little annoying, and possibly a cause of concern, but I want yous guys' input before I try and do anything myself about this issue.

Thanks.

Yeah the same seems to happen to me also. It starts to happen about a 5-20 minutes when I get out of the shower but I counter it by applying the BP in 5.

Definitely happened, same thing to me, with the same cleanser. I try to put the bp on 5 minutes after max, or my skin just dries up and starts flaking. Some hours later the flakes come back

The only thing I would recommend doing is - if your skin is dry and flaky - apply Eucerin right after washing and drying your face (pat dry, dont rub!) and then wait five minutes, apply BP, five more minites, then apply more Eucerin. The initial layer of lotion wont prevent the BP from working, it will actually hydrate your skin and keep it from getting too dry or irritated, so you can apply the full amount of BP and get good results!