Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL. I naturually have very oily skin from my father, and since I'm a teenager. But, after using Queen Helene's masks and salylic acid and a short term use of proativ (never again) without ever once using a moisturizer I found my face in a state of trauma. I longed for my skin to feel healthy and soft again. So, skimming through these boards I found a board on EVOO. Being skeptical, but desperate, I reluctantly tried it. It worked wonders and my skin is back to its soft healthy self. Sure, it still has acne, but at least I got my skin back. Simply rub extra virgin olive oil on your entire face, extra virgin only, you can keep it on as long as you like, i usually leave it on for 5-10 minutes. Its a biatch getting off, but it'll come off. It also dislodges a few blackheads after using it for about a week.

EDIT: lucky me, I wanted to experiment with the EVOO, and so I put on my normal coat of it and felt my skin, i could feel there were quite a few grain feeling things on my face after minutes, i figured these were dislodged blackheads like usual, I loved how many were coming off, so I put another thick coat. I kept it on, from the time I put the first coat on, it was on for about 45 minutes. I went into the mirror to examine it after about 35 minutes and felt one of my pimples on my top forehead, it came right off to the touch! After the 45 minutes had gone by, I washed it off, my skin was less red, the sunburn I had gotten on my cheeks today was less red also, along with a few pimples and blackheads that had completely vanished.

It dissolves some of the dried sebum in the blackheads and loosens them up. If you give yourself a gentle facial massage with the oil, you might get even better results.

Q

maybe thats why I got such drastic results, it's because I was constantly rubbing the oil on my face to see if anymore were dislodged.

Wow, that's so cool! Thanks for posting this. Now I can use extra virgin olive oil for not only cooking, but also for treating my face... :lol:

hahaha no problamo, always happy to help, the best way to get it off is to use a simple liquid soap that is part lotion like Softsoap Brand 2 in 1

i di some research and olive oil is slightly, although not horribly comodogenic...is the extra virgin diff or the same in its pore clogging attributes?