Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do these really work? I'd love to try one on my blackheads and white heads if they actually work. Im also intereste din knowing if they cause scars.

Do these really work? I'd love to try one on my blackheads and white heads if they actually work. Im also intereste din knowing if they cause scars.

They work if you know how to use them. I've had an esthetician uses one on me and it works brilliantly. However, I am not so deft at it myself.

These work to some extent, but they are no miracle. I have one but never use it.

The thing about extractions is, you just have to keep doing them ... unless you combine them with something like Retin A that will keep the blackheads from coming back.

Q

Just about everything on that list looked overpriced. And that's the same little tool I have, which I think I paid a couple bucks for at my local drugstore.

So here's the deal with the little tool: To get a blackhead out, you have to press pretty hard with the end of the tool, which is shaped like a tiny spoon with a tiny circle cut out of the bottom of the bowl. Usually by the time I get the blackhead out, I have that tiny circle shape pressed into my skin and bright red. I think I'd rather have the blackhead, ya know?

Plus, it's time consuming. And the blackheads just come back. But if you think it's good for hours of entertainment, by all means take the plunge.

Q

But if you think it's good for hours of entertainment, by all means take the plunge.

Lol!

My boyfreind likes mine better than I do! I think it';s because he has larger pores, so the blackheads come out more easily. He uses it every night. :rolleyes: I think I've created a monster. Me picking at my sin AND his over the past few years has now made him pick-prone. :doh:

Now I find myself telling him not to pick all the time, whereas he used to be the one to tell me! :redface:

extractors do work. if you go to a dermatologist and get blackheads removed, that's what they use. for better or worse, i have a lot of experience using them. DO NOT get the type that have the bowl with a little hole in the bottom. as queen mentioned, they really damage the skin. the kind to use is a "schamberg loop." the one i have is not cheap but is totally indispensable.

http://www.spaequip.com/store/KMAE597.jsp

it won't scar your skin if you only use it on acne that is ready to be extracted. that means the blackhead or whitehead is very well-defined. if you use it on acne that isn't ready, the head won't come out and your skin will only be red and more angry.

i am so scared of scars on my face from this stuff that ive decided to stay away from it all together and go for an AHA lotion, it supposedly works really well so I'm going to experiment

I like the extractor I have. It's the only way to prevent picking, since I'm not leaving the house with a whitehead. It seems to leave less of a mark than squeezing. I would buy it again if I had to.

Just don't pay over nine dollars.