Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katie k

Need some advice...

i've heard bleaching your hair while on accutane can be bad.. Someone said it will make you start balding.. is this true?? I REALLY need to touch up my roots! If bleach is bad, is other dye ok as long as there is no poroxide..? anyone know? If you've dyed your hair and nothing bad happened let me know!!! thanks!

I didn't even know that...I totally used bleach on my hair with no ill effects...I just streak it though...I seriously doubt touching up your roots would be detrimental...

I didn't even know that...I totally used bleach on my hair with no ill effects...I just streak it though...I seriously doubt touching up your roots would be detrimental...

I hope not, but i kind of want her to add more blonde pieces! thanks!

i've heard bleaching your hair while on accutane can be bad.. Someone said it will make you start balding.. is this true?? I REALLY need to touch up my roots! If bleach is bad, is other dye ok as long as there is no poroxide..? anyone know? If you've dyed your hair and nothing bad happened let me know!!! thanks!

It's more of a shedding effect.. It'll grow back completely in most cases within 6months if it does fall out..

Wrong douchebox, stop with your idiotic advice, Its not a shedding effect as she is not a Labrador, and it will not necessarily grow back. That being said, get your dye job, youll be fine...and likely look hot. People blame accutane for too many things.

Hum... still not convinced either way. All of my side effects have been very minimal, but i don't want to lose my hair! thanks for both of your input though!

Guest Tenshi

i get my hair done every month..im on accutane and have blonde foils..nothing bad ever happened. u just need a good conditioner for ur dry hair..i dont think its going ot make it fall out...not if ur so used to putting bleach thru it..

i get my hair done every month..im on accutane and have blonde foils..nothing bad ever happened. u just need a good conditioner for ur dry hair..i dont think its going ot make it fall out...not if ur so used to putting bleach thru it..

Very encouraging to hear. Thanks! I think i'm going to do it!

Look, the problem with bleaching is due to your lessened oil production. Bleaching is extremely damaging to the hair, and the process relies on your natural oils to provide some protection, both for your scalp and the hair itself. And your scalp will be more sensitive than normal. If you keep this in mind and take certain precautions you can dye or bleach your hair, although sticking with something gentle like Natural Instincts (peroxide, but no ammonia) would be easier on your hair than a full on double process bleaching. So - you need to have as much natural oil on your scalp as possible. Do the procedure as long as possible after a shampooing - a week or so if you can manage it. Use the absolute minimum strength peroxide for the least amount of time needed to gain the proper amount of lift. Try to keep the bleach off your scalp, leave a little bit of root as a buffer. Use some serious deep conditioning afterwards and avoid anything that will dry it out further like heat processing. Consider streaking the roots instead of fully bleaching them to leave more healthy hair intact. A gentler treatment would cause less damage overall, but would not acheive lift. Since you already have bleached hair, you'd have to pick a product designed for light blond hair or you'd end up with wierd pastel ends.

The shedding AC mentioned is a different thing altogether and is not effected by anything you do to your already grown hairs, it's an internal process and totally out of your control.