Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rierie

just ordered mineral make up

so in another one of my late night online shopping rampages, i ordered some mineral makeup off ebay. it was very cheap..18 dollars for a starter kit with a brush and 11 pots of makeup. its by this company called smoky mountain minerals, just a small independent thing. i was really hoping to get my makeup from veggie girl, but since she disappeared..ill go for this.

once i get it ill let you know how it is.

http://stores.ebay.com/Smoky-Mountain-Minerals

Guest Gentle~Rain

I like MMU too and am always intersted in newer "smaller" companies.....check back in when you get it and let us know how you like it!!

Guest PokaHotAz
so in another one of my late night online shopping rampages

omg! i so do that too.. lol... haha thats usually when i do my shopping...when its late at night and i have nothing to do, so my mind just starts thinking and i go in "shopping mode"

btw the minerals are great...at first u might not like em cuz ur most likely not applying them right... its all about the brushes and the technique ur using... TRUST ME

is mineral bare make up the same as mineral powder?

Guest PokaHotAz

so in another one of my late night online shopping rampages

omg! i so do that too.. lol... haha thats usually when i do my shopping...when its late at night and i have nothing to do, so my mind just starts thinking and i go in "shopping mode"

btw the minerals are great...at first u might not like em cuz ur most likely not applying them right... its all about the brushes and the technique ur using... TRUST ME

Swirl... Tap... BUFF! That's the BM technique. :D

there are better ones... just gotta experiment a bit...

so in another one of my late night online shopping rampages, i ordered some mineral makeup off ebay. it was very cheap..18 dollars for a starter kit with a brush and 11 pots of makeup. its by this company called smoky mountain minerals, just a small independent thing. i was really hoping to get my makeup from veggie girl, but since she disappeared..ill go for this.

once i get it ill let you know how it is.

http://stores.ebay.com/Smoky-Mountain-Minerals

I'm curious about these minerals. I checked out their ebay store and they look interesting. I've tried Larenim minerals, a very small company, but very expensive (www.larenim.com). I love the blush from Larenim. I'm not sure yet about the foundation. Its totally different from bare minerals. It seems to have a matte finish, and Bare minerals is sort of shiny, that's the only way I can describe it. I'm liking mineral makeup more. I want to find a brand that's good, and stick to it!

I purchased the 6-container Smokey Mountain Mineral pack, and it is friggin' awesome. They also threw in a brush and a black mineral tub for eyeliner. Great service! If you're interested in MMU, i'd say these guys are you VERY best bet.

I purchased the 6-container Smokey Mountain Mineral pack, and it is friggin' awesome. They also threw in a brush and a black mineral tub for eyeliner. Great service! If you're interested in MMU, i'd say these guys are you VERY best bet.

How is the foundation? Are you happy with it? I do like these guys. They seem very sincere, and its a small business. They have very good feedback. They have this one package that has all these large sizes- two foundations, two mineral veil type products, bronzer, 3 blushes, a brush, and extra container,and I think more, all for 35 bucks!

Guest funky_monkey

I pat mine on with a flat sponge.

I cant seem to get the coverage from brushes and it makes too much mess!

Guest PokaHotAz

i tried that technique and i didnt get any coverage but i did waste alot of makeup

how excatly do u do this? and what kind of sponges?

Guest funky_monkey

i tried that technique and i didnt get any coverage but i did waste alot of makeup

how excatly do u do this? and what kind of sponges?

a flocked sponge. not the ones with a latex coating as the powder slides off!

ok, so the makeup isn't working out too well for me right now. nothing has gone terribly wrong but i am just not getting the coverage i want and find myself reaching for my old liquid foundation anyway.

i probably just need to practice applying and getting the right amount and such. its weird using just powder alone. i tried mixing the powder in with my moisturizer and i liked the way that felt better.

the blush is real nice and only takes a tiny bit to add nice color. i like the halo glow because its got tiny bits of sparkle that illuminate in the sunlight. not too overboard with the sparkle, either. seems just right.

i need to get the right tools (quality brushes, flocked sponge) but im out of money right now..

ok, so the makeup isn't working out too well for me right now. nothing has gone terribly wrong but i am just not getting the coverage i want and find myself reaching for my old liquid foundation anyway.

i probably just need to practice applying and getting the right amount and such. its weird using just powder alone. i tried mixing the powder in with my moisturizer and i liked the way that felt better.

the blush is real nice and only takes a tiny bit to add nice color. i like the halo glow because its got tiny bits of sparkle that illuminate in the sunlight. not too overboard with the sparkle, either. seems just right.

i need to get the right tools (quality brushes, flocked sponge) but im out of money right now..

For more coverage, use either a eyeshadow crush (one of the two sided ones that comes with most single-color eyeshadow compacts) or use a q-tip. Then just keep applying layer after layer until youre satisfied....or at least somewhat comfortable. For the most coverage, dip the q-tip in a tiny bit of water just to dampen it...then dab on each spot until you get results, or bored.