Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jim1

Should I get SmoothBeam for Severe Cystic Acne?

I have read a lot of good things for Smoothbeam acne treatments. My question here is not about scars, but about active cystic chin acne. Will smoothbeam cure existing acne and help prevent future breakouts? Has anyone got smoothbeam for the purpose of curing acne, and not scars?

Please help, I am VERY interested in this!

Thanks !!!

No you may need accutane and then you have to wait two years to have treatments for acne scars.

I am also wondering if antibiotics affect the smoothbeam treatment? Will taking antibiotics before and during your smoothbeam treatments affect it the SB results in anyway? What about topical treatments like Retin-A?

Thanks!

I am also wondering if antibiotics affect the smoothbeam treatment? Will taking antibiotics before and during your smoothbeam treatments affect it the SB results in anyway? What about topical treatments like Retin-A?

Ask your DR...

Guest niko

I have been taking antibiotics before, during and after two smoothbeam treatments (first on 10, second on 13) so far my scars are starting to fill out, my acne which was starting to get bad again is clear, and has been for the last 10 days, however, the smoothbeam may have reduced my acne, but the BP cleared it. The before and after photos of Cystic acne users is impressive. I recommend it. I am using BP twice a day for mild to moderate acne.

I'm not going to take accutane. That sh*t is way too dangerous.

If prescribed by a responsible doctor Accutane is a wonderful drug! I took it twice and it was about the only thing that helped with cystic acne! If you have a good doctor who monitors your blood work monthly like mine did you should not have a problem taking it, especially being a guy! The most dangerous thing about Accutane is if you get pregnant! That is the only scary thing about this wonderful and powerful drug.

I don't think that SmoothBeam will help that much with cystic acne. I have had 5 SB treatments but I pretty much have my acne under control and I do not get cysts anymore since the Accutane treatments I did over 10 years ago.

So does smoothbeam cause any permanant hair removal, like from other "laser hair removal" treatments?

Thanks

I'm not going to take accutane. That sh*t is way too dangerous.

If prescribed by a responsible doctor Accutane is a wonderful drug! I took it twice and it was about the only thing that helped with cystic acne! If you have a good doctor who monitors your blood work monthly like mine did you should not have a problem taking it, especially being a guy! The most dangerous thing about Accutane is if you get pregnant! That is the only scary thing about this wonderful and powerful drug.

I don't think that SmoothBeam will help that much with cystic acne. I have had 5 SB treatments but I pretty much have my acne under control and I do not get cysts anymore since the Accutane treatments I did over 10 years ago.

I disagree, i don`t think it makes any difference who prescribes it because you dont know what side effects you are going to get until you start taking it. I took a course presribed by a responsible physician and ended up getting a load of scars from it; my dosage was correct for my weight and my blood tests normal. Some people get severe depression, and a whole host of other side effects; i don`t think its worth the risk.