Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nikki J

Nikki's path to clear skin

I think my favorite part of accutane is that we are supposed to take it with fatty food. It gives me an excuse to have comfort food. like fried chicken and macaroni and cheese. every day.

I'm trying to have an attitude as positive as yours about the side effects. Right now I'm grossed out by how my skin is this weird, tight, dry/oily combo instead of just normal like it used to be. I'm sure the results will be worth it though. Maybe when our colds clear up we'll be feeling better :)

Best of luck! Sounds like it's kicking in already. I dunno, I feel for you. You suffer from acne AND you live in Brighouse. The gods haven't been kind to you. :lol:

Day 9

Still flaky skin but it's still kinda greasy too. I tried a different foundation today for dry/dehydrated skin and it looked loads better although I looked quite shiny. Bring on the powder. Some spots have cleared up overnight and some new ones have appeared.

Day 10

Shunts :D

I'm very well thank you. My face is starting to peel off but apart from that i'm just great. After all it's Friday!!! Yeah!

Shushubat and Amber Lynn :cool:

Well i've certainly been taking advantage of the fatty food opportunity. I went out for Mexican yesterday and had dessert thinking it's doctor recommended. The only down side is it's going to mean more gym visits and I don't have enough time in the day as it is at the moment.

kj1982 :)

I agree we are far too old to be having acne. I'll be following your progress. I hate to think what my side effects will be like by day 34 because the peelings quite bad already. Good luck

Side effects

Very dry and flaky around my nose (so so sore) and a bit flaky on my cheeks. A weird side effect that I didn't expect is that my ear is all dry. These pills do the weirdest thing.

Really tired all day but that might be caused by my cold which is getting worse by the day. I never get colds. From reading the logs it seems like alot of people have had colds at the start of the course. Perhaps all the vitamin A has a cleansing effect on the whole body.

My joints have been aching for the first time but I could put that down to a tough gym session yesterday.

I think my initial break out has started. Some more sore bumpy spots. The insert in my pills said the initial break out occurs on day 7 to 10 so i'd desperately hoping this is mine.

To anybody reading this log - how do you tell a cyst from a spot. Is a normal spot a whitehead and a cyst the sore bumpy ones that never come to a head?

Anyway i'm now going to pile on the moisturiser and the dry/dehydrated foundation so I can face the people of Leeds. Have a fantastic weekend to everyone on this site. :dance:

as far as telling a cyst from a spot, i think cysts are the deep painful ones and regular zits are closer to the surface? i don't know really.

good job working with kids - i'm trying to be a teacher at the moment myself!!

on the upside i found out two of my friends who have very pretty skin used to be on accutane, and it worked perfectly for them in the end! its good to hear encouraging stories

have a great weekend nikki!

Shushubat,

Yeah it is always good to hear them but I don't know anybody else that has been on it. Although I don't suppose it's something you immediately tell people. Do your friends have any red marks at all? Do they need to wear cover up or go out naked faced? I want that so much.

I have four months left before I qualify as a teacher. I spend 50% of the time on placement and 50% at uni. I must admit I love the uni part - sleeping late, partying and just generally being irresponsible. Im finding it really frustrating at the moment because I just want to qualify and start earning decent money. It's a great job but I don't think i'll do it for ever. It's a brilliant route into other things though like educational psychology which i'd love to do in a few years time. Are you training for primary or secondary?

Day 11 (This is going fast!!!)

My skin looks so good today. :D The spots that came up have practically disappeared and if you ignore the red marks my skin looks really clear with a nice texture to it. I can't bellieve the unpredictability of these pills. The oil seems to have completely dried up up on my face and my hair still looks freshly washed. All in all I feel pretty good today - no aching joints, sore skin, sore lips or headaches.

Morning Nikki

Glad to hear things are going well for you, maybe we’re synchronised or something as I’ve woken up looking pretty good, if I don’t say so myself.

Skin’s looking pretty clear and just a couple of small red marks from my last incident. I find the turn around of my skin on this stuff incredible. My lips are really sore today though, so no kissing for me this weekend by the looks of it. I’ll save one for you for when they heal though, don’t worry! Have a great weekend.

Hey! Glad to hear you are feeling good about your face! I hope you don't get an initial breakout though... I didn't think I was going to and I DEFINITELY did (my acne is pretty moderate). But the funny thing is, I didn't realize I did until afterward cause it wasn't that bad. No worse than my worst days without tane. Just a word of caution... cause it might come.

Best-case scenario? You totally won't, and you'll just be on the road to clear! I HOPE so. You are too sweet to be down on your skin!

I am SO glad you are doing well right now! :)

Day 10

Very dry and flaky around my nose (so so sore) and a bit flaky on my cheeks. A weird side effect that I didn't expect is that my ear is all dry. These pills do the weirdest thing.

my ears were dry to for about 2-3 weeks, its gone now

Honestly I would have never guessed these two friends even had acne.. they look perfect now! I am also holding my breath for the day I can go out without makeup and feel confident, and I'm sure it will happen for us!

I'm training for secondary.. finishing up my bachelors and then going for a masters in secondary english education. i also think educational psychology and counseling is really interesting, and I might end up in that area (or education policy) after i spend a decent amount of time in the classroom.

Shushubat,

Yeah it is always good to hear them but I don't know anybody else that has been on it. Although I don't suppose it's something you immediately tell people. Do your friends have any red marks at all? Do they need to wear cover up or go out naked faced? I want that so much.

I have four months left before I qualify as a teacher. I spend 50% of the time on placement and 50% at uni. I must admit I love the uni part - sleeping late, partying and just generally being irresponsible. Im finding it really frustrating at the moment because I just want to qualify and start earning decent money. It's a great job but I don't think i'll do it for ever. It's a brilliant route into other things though like educational psychology which i'd love to do in a few years time. Are you training for primary or secondary?

Day 11 (This is going fast!!!)

My skin looks so good today. :D The spots that came up have practically disappeared and if you ignore the red marks my skin looks really clear with a nice texture to it. I can't bellieve the unpredictability of these pills. The oil seems to have completely dried up up on my face and my hair still looks freshly washed. All in all I feel pretty good today - no aching joints, sore skin, sore lips or headaches.

Thanks Tennessee Girl :D

Day 17

My skin is looking amazing at the moment. It's not greasy at all but not horribly dry and flaky either. A good amount of moisturiser on a morning and evening keeps it looking good. My pores have practically disappeared. I don't ever remember it looking this good :D:D:D I do however have a HUGE spot on the end of my nose (so the worse place to get a spot) but after having a face full of the buggers a week ago I really don't care. As far as side effects go I have no joint pains, nose bleeds, flaky skin, depression etc. I LOVE THIS PILL RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Tennessee Girl :D

Day 17

My skin is looking amazing at the moment. It's not greasy at all but not horribly dry and flaky either. A good amount of moisturiser on a morning and evening keeps it looking good. My pores have practically disappeared. I don't ever remember it looking this good :D :D :D I do however have a HUGE spot on the end of my nose (so the worse place to get a spot) but after having a face full of the buggers a week ago I really don't care. As far as side effects go I have no joint pains, nose bleeds, flaky skin, depression etc. I LOVE THIS PILL RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo Nikki!!! I hear ya. Yesterday someone I know said, "Wow, Ang that stuff is working! You skin looks great!" I got so excited. This morning what I do have left on my face is almost all the way dried out and I have nothing new brewing under my skin (knock on wood really loudly). Like you, I am really dry.

We're doing good girl!

A-

That's great. You must have felt so good when someone else noticed as well. i'm so happy for you, me and everyone on this site that Accutane has helped. And I can see in my crystal ball that we will have no more breakouts and will have clear beautiful glowing skin for ever. Well I hope so anyway.

hi Nikki-

Hope your progress goes well for you. I am also a teacher and it is no fun having acne and kids pointing it out to you. My skin is clearning, but I still have spots and yesterday and the day before, one of my students came in for study hall help (I teach kids with learning disabilities) and he has science. Guess what they are studying, ACNE. They had an assignment pretending they are Dr. Zitclear and people write into them with acne troubles (Like dear abby) I was so emberassed helping him because I was so afraid he was going to say something about my skin. He had a little zit on his chin though so maybe he thought he better keep his mouth shut. It was a horrible experience though! Anyway, once your skin is clear and beautiful from accutane you will never have to worry about it!!

Have a great day!

Hi Nikki

Glad to hear things are going well. I’m the same actually or at least I was until I looked in the mirror this evening. Have to expect a couple every now and then I guess. Hope thins just keep getting better for you. And remember to drop in on my log - I’ve been missing you!

Day 25

Well i've been so so so busy this last week so I haven't been updating at all but the good news is my skin looks amazing right now. I have one tiny spot. All week it's been looking better and better. It feels so smooth as well. I love it! The red marks have gone down alot so I feel like I could actually go out without make up.

The side effects have been minimal - slightly dry skin but I see that as more of a desired effect. Hey who wants a greasepan face? Does anybody know if the grease returns when the course is finished because it's partly the lack of grease that is making my face look so good. I really don't want that to return. I've also been really tired and had a constant headache but as I said earlier i've been working like crazy so that could be the cause.

I had a fake tan disaster yesterday - I guess it was because different parts of my face were more dry than other and so the lotion was absorbed unevenly. I woke up to a very patchy face. It was fine on my body thought, that isn't dry at all. Anyway that was sorted out with a gentle exfoliating wash and it actually made my skin smoother.

Anyways i'll sign off because I have a job to apply for (hate application forms) and it's my Grandad's 80th birthday bless him so gotta prepare for the party.

Love to you all and good luck with your accutane journey

Happy Birthday Grandad!!!! Congratulations on your face!!! So glad to hear you are pleased. I, myself, am loving Accutane as well. Have a wonderful day and good luck on the job you are applying for.

Ang

Day 35

My skin looks so so so so so amazing. Not one spot, beautiful tone and reduced red marks. Wow. At my derm appointment he was amazed at the rate it had cleared up and said it should be permenant with it working so quickly. The only side effect is dry skin - not on my face but I have a cracked lip and after a grip on the supermarket trolley today I realised that the palms of my hands were peeling off in clumps - weird and extremely unattractive. hello hand cream. The nurse was telling me that she had roaccutane and she had the most beautiful skin. She also said that her son and daughter had been on it with permenant results. The bad news is she said the oil returned. shame i'm loving not having an oil slick face and I seriously don't have to wash my hair at all (although I do because i'm not a minger honest). Good news my derm said that he had never treated someone with roaccutane who then developed depression - in fact he said it was the opposite ie people ended up really happy having clear skin.

Hope your all well and acne free my darlings x :D:D:D