Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Razi

Is using dettol to burn away scars/red marks a good idea?

Hi i've had acne for 9 years now. I only have it on my cheeks and it really gets to me. A couple of years ago I used undiluted dettol to burn the spots and scars on one cheek because they were getting me really depressed. When my skin healed it was really clear. I still have loads of scars and red marks on my other cheek. I'm tempted to try the same method again but i'm worried about my skin getting burned to much. should i or shouldn't i? wot do u guys think.

I'm going to start Roaccutane soon but since my main problem is bright red marks and scars left on my face, I heard Roaccutane doesn't help with that. so I've ordered Elicina cream and intend to use that. But at the end of the day if the marks on my face don't go I'll still be really depressed. so don't know wot to do. Any ideas? ](*,)

I'm tempted to try the same method again but i'm worried about my skin getting burned to much. should i or shouldn't i? wot do u guys think.

I can see why you are tempted since it worked well on one cheek.... I don't know what 'dettol' is (and I don't see it mention on the FAQ page) so I don't know what you should do. Seems like it is a big risk to take, though.

Re Elicina - the word is that that stuff is a scam and does not work.

Maybe you should consider a non-ablative laser treatments, like smoothbeam. What type of scars fdo you have? are the rolling scars?

Hi Maya that is sweet of you to say and I do try and think like that sometimes but then I look at myself and get depressed again. Sometimes I think I shouldn't be so ungrateful cos theres people in the world with much greater problems than me but when I get depressed theres no stopping it. Just wana hide under a rock. Of all the places why did it have to be my face. I just want it to go but don't know how. I think I'll give Roaccutane a go and see what happens. Does anyone know if the pitted scars on my skin will always be red or if it will fade? I have fair skin so they really stand out. :(

Hi Mary

I talked about treatment for the red marks and scars with my dermotoligist. I've seen three different dermotoligists each time I've been and they say that theres no treatment for them and that theres people with worse acne than me so I shouldn't get so upset. I can't help it though. I suppose it depends on how it effects each individual.

Dettol is an antiseptic disinfectant. Yeah your right its really risky thats why i'm so confused as to what to do. I know this is the way I am and I have to accept it but it really gets to me.

Thanks for your response.