Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
runterrauf

Accutane Treatment

I started at 40mg, and now almost four full months into it still at 40mg. Doseage is related mostly to weight; severity is also a principal consideration. Many derms will start the person off with a lower doseage and increase it the next month, or even increase it month after month. Depends on the person and how they react to the treatment.

Yes, treatment should last at LEAST 3 months. 4-6 is a good course length. Remember, the longer and higher the doseage the better chance of remission. However, after a certain level with benefits of the drug are negligable.

I weigh 114 pounds and have persistant mild acne with the occassional cyst. I did 40mg for my first month and am starting my second month on Sunday at 80 mg. I will be at 80 mg for the remainder of my 5/6 month treatment.

I weigh 114 pounds and have persistant mild acne with the occassional cyst. I did 40mg for my first month and am starting my second month on Sunday at 80 mg. I will be at 80 mg for the remainder of my 5/6 month treatment.

w0w for mild acne at your weight?

For real, 80mg for mild acne?????? Isn't that a little extreme?? I think 20mg would be enough! I have moderate acne was once almost severe when I was younger, guess I got older it cooled down some..., and am gonna be at 40mg when I'll start treatment after I get my blood tests done. Oh and am male, 20 yrs., 166 lbs. and 6'1. Is that all good? And my doc also said that I'll proly need only 3 months of treatment, but of course we'll see. I heard my derm has given it to 100s of patients over the years, so I guess he knows what's out, I hope he does :confused: