Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i dont know if any of u remember but a while ago i posted a thread about this girl who i liked but couldnt get because she had a long term b/f and stuff. well anyway, another major problem that i had was that i was scared to go on dates in sober daylight because of my acne and red marks...but finally ive taken the plunge. one week ago i asked this girl i met in a low lit club for a date and she said yes, so i gona meet her this friday. all i wana say is that if i pull this off i will be so pleased cause this self conscious thing has always held me back from dating. wish me luck. ill obviously let u all know how it turned out!

p.s. FUCK YOU ACNE...You've held me back so many years and i aint gona let u beat me anymore! :hand:

Guest Tenshi

i dont know if any of u remember but a while ago i posted a thread about this girl who i liked but couldnt get because she had a long term b/f and stuff. well anyway, another major problem that i had was that i was scared to go on dates in sober daylight because of my acne and red marks...but finally ive taken the plunge. one week ago i asked this girl i met in a low lit club for a date and she said yes, so i gona meet her this friday. all i wana say is that if i pull this off i will be so pleased cause this self conscious thing has always held me back from dating. wish me luck. ill obviously let u all know how it turned out!

p.s. FUCK YOU ACNE...You've held me back so many years and i aint gona let u beat me anymore! :hand:

good for u.. :angel: and take that negative thought out of r head about the "lowlit" club.. if it wasn't a dark club then i'm pretty sure she can see ur face..im sure she likes what she sees too..

Grats forever youth. I know how horrible it can make you feel but acne shouldn't keep anyone from living their life. Good luck guy.

Yes. Make sure to buy her some strong drinks. It would probably make you both have a lot more fun. (I'm not saying to buy her the drinks because of the acne, but rather because I think it will enhance the experience. Unless you don't like that kind of stuff.)

:doh: Don't use alcohol. Be a gentlemen. If you're going to dinner, keep the conversations flowing. Don't just listen to her, talk about yourself some too. Might wanna think of topics you want to bring up. It might seem stupid, but awkward silences suck, especially on a first date. Be sure to make eye contact, don't just stare down at your plate. If you've had a girlfriend before, DON'T bring it up. Make the date about you and her, not past relationships. Don't be nervous, be yourself, and have fun. I repeat, HAVE FUN. Depending on how the date goes, I would only give her a nice kiss on the cheek goodnight. Remember, this is just a FIRST date. These guys are gonna get you beat up lol.

Don't use alcohol.

It might seem stupid, but awkward silences suck, especially on a first date. Be sure to make eye contact, don't just stare down at your plate.

^

Uh... that is the whole reason you would use alcohol. I am a quiet, laid back person normally. When I get drunk, I turn into a completely different person - talkative, completely uninhibited around other people, etc... For a first date, I would suggest starting out sober, then having at least a few drinks. She should have a lot though. Seriously, unless you don't believe in drinking or whatever I would strongly suggest that.

haha roflcopter, I see your point. But loosing your inhibitions could be a bad thing on a first date. Just be careful lol.

haha roflcopter, I see your point. But loosing your inhibitions could be a bad thing on a first date. Just be careful lol.

hah yeah good point. In my health class, we learned that a low blood alcohol level just makes you more sociable and slightly happier, but not drunk. Most people, like me, would not even notice much of a difference (if any) with this BAC of... .04 or less i think? (.10 is legally drunk). it equates to maybe two beers? Or one? Don't really know for sure.

But yes, be very careful. I shouldn't have told you to get drunk. Sorry. Maybe just a little to drink. (Alcohol is good for you in small amounts - it makes your heart function better.) Sorry, I'm just dishing out the bad advice here. Don't listen to me.

hah yeah good point. In my health class, we learned that a low blood alcohol level just makes you more sociable and slightly happier, but not drunk. Most people, like me, would not even notice much of a difference (if any) with this BAC of... .04 or less i think? (.10 is legally drunk). it equates to maybe two beers? Or one? Don't really know for sure.

But yes, be very careful. I shouldn't have told you to get drunk. Sorry. Maybe just a little to drink. (Alcohol is good for you in small amounts - it makes your heart function better.) Sorry, I'm just dishing out the bad advice here. Don't listen to me.

Lol @ 0.10% alcohol per blood isnt' really drunk, but yeah that is legally drunk..

A beer gives you about 0.03% alcohol/blood for a 160 lb person... So 3 beers is considered legally drunk.. but if you think about it.. its not really..

I'd say go for 2 beers or whatever

I'm 18 yrs old now- I've never been on a date. A lot of people find me attractive, so what gives? Well, I think part of the problem is that there are far too many incompetent boys at my high school. I don't think it has anything to do with skin.

Hopefully I will find him.

Guest Tenshi

nothing wrong with a few drinks to calm the nerves..that's why it was invented..yeah, but don't go spaz on her either..

Guest doremi

No response for him, damn he must be gettin' some right about now.

I'm 18 yrs old now- I've never been on a date. A lot of people find me attractive, so what gives?

Maybe you're a twat?

maybe people are intimidated by the raw sexual energy and animal magnetism that you give off. its my main problem, that and my miniature penis.

Good for u happy tat u can say tat. Lik me ive been in a long distance for over a yr and the girl who im with has flawless skin lik a freakin baby and well cuz of som stress due to university started to break out now im wonderin wat shell think *sigh* im actually meeting her next week wish i could be the same way and say fuck it.