Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I got up this morning had a shower and when it dried out it was terrible, i could of happened to do with a slight sun burn other day i use 4% bp cream and lactic acid gel any idea how i can stop the dryness or drop off all the flaky skin

post-35105-1139429425_thumb.jpg

post-35105-1139429425_thumb.jpg

Hey man I had skin just as dry as that last week, for me it was cause I had to take some antibiotics for tonsilitis and the doctor said they can dry your skin out a bit, plus I kept on the regimen so the combination made my skin so dry, even if I moisturized 3 times a day. First thing you'll need to do is get that dead skin off cause otherwise you just keep moisturzing over it and it just stays there for a while. What I did was cleaned some tweezers and sterilized them then pulled the skin off, took a while but it worked. Then just moisturize a bunch for a few days, maybe use a lot of moisturizer at night and normal amount during day so it doesn't get too greasy. Hope this helps.

thank canadianchron it really helped, and i think ill stick with the 4% ive been using it for more than a month never dryness like this though must of being because of the sun and lactic acid maybe

I'd buy an exfoliator and facial brush if you get dry flaky skin again.. I had dry skin last week

and I bought an Aloe Vera exfoliator with a gentle facial brush from the body shop - I used it on

the first night to remove the dead skin cells and since then i've just been using an Aloe Vera

moisturiser. Only exfoliate once or twice a week as you can over do this - Hope i could be of some

help!

DO NOT HAVE A SHOWER.

or at least do not stand under there for ages.

seriously i was exactly like that, then my shower broke and had to use the sink. it is sooooooo much better for ur skin. dont use hardly any water and it will be all nice and smooth. im not even moisturising anymore....

Exfoliate gently with a complexion brush... this should help remove the flakes, then apply a rich facial cream like cetaphil sensitive lotion (binds moisture to the skin) thats what I use. Or Aveeno (green or blue bottle). Both are non comedonegenic. (however you spell it lol)

Works for me.

I dont think u should keep doing what ur doing for now (current regimen)...I remember having ur prob ages ago and its left permanent bumpy skin, minor icepicks...same advice as other person and try not to wet ur face too much...and when u do...I think u should apply some mosturizer post haste and after that try not to tweak ur face/cheeks too much until ur face gets oiler.