Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-Jay-

The Scheibner Laser!

poppy6,

please dont cancel your appointment based on my results......and i am sure its 600$ for you....for dychank i think she recommend the full 5hr gentl laser treatment.....for you it will take 45-60 mts....everybody responds to the tretment differently....give it a try and decide for yourself.....its different fo ryou.....you live close to her and so you can actually go and talk to her if things dont work fo ryou......i think you were the one who had seen some pictures of a girl who had good improvements right.....besides my skin color is differen tthan yours....

dychanck,

i think the 5000$ is for full face 5-hr thing which is what PK will be getting.....i think its for collagen remodelling and PK said she saw a woman who had thta treatment and her skin looks beautiful now........did she say laser resurfacing? are you sure? because Dr.S would never recommend resurfacing......thats the whole point of her treatment....no resurfacing at alll......

And most of the time its not Dr.S who answers....she said sshe will be busy until march travelliing and stuff....so i guess it must be one of the staff....And plese dont jump in to conclusions about her as aperson just because it didnt work for me doesnt mean that she is ripping off people for money....she is a nice person....

i dun know .. she jus talks me into a procedure that costs 6000dollars for my full face . it takes 7 to 10 days for recovery. my face will remain pink for weeks to months ! Not laser resurfacing , what can it be? Skin remodeling has downtime ,too? Then i have no clue

dcychank,

Its that 5hr treatment which is calle dgentle laser treatment....its not resurfacing......even i thought there wouldnt be any downtime with the treatment....even though she doesnt remove any top laeyr of the skin there will be scabs(first dark red then they will turn brown and then they will come off) formed due to the laser treatment.....then your skin will look pinkish for like 3 weeks(noticibly pink) and then slowly your skin will get back to normal probably in 3-4 months.......the 5hr treatment is where she will treat each and every por eof yor skin very gently and covers the whole face......i think she suggeste dthe same treatment as PK's (if you dont mind me asking, how bad is your scarring??)

well , i have 100 pit holes but not real indented . for real intended holes that bother me lots and lots, maybe less than 20. Actually i can live with my face now .. I dun consider myself as an ugly person with all these scars , but will definitely boost my self esteem up if scars can no longer be a problem for me . So is that what you are trying to do ? a 5 hours laser treatment? And the red marks still dun fade ?!

i am thinking if needling will work the same way as laser resurfacing but at least it doesn't promote as much redness nor pinkness

i am thinking if needling will work the same way as laser resurfacing  but at least it doesn't promote as much redness nor pinkness

cubsfan,

its not completely lactic acid....its just a cream with 2% lactic acid hich i think is very mild...i dont know what % maya and others are using, but i think 2% is very mild......are you going to see della this week? if so please ask her if its okay to use this cream......lat time i talked to her she told me that i could use scheibner gel which has TCA and lactic acid....but i just want to make sure...

btw, what about you? did your ed marks improve a little bit? my skin looks(a big patch of my cheek) all pink and red sometimes and someties it loks ok......

also, coul dyou ask dr.della if the skin responds the same after the 5hr treatment as it did to our treatment? the reason i am askin gis because when PK taked to them it seems they said it couldnt be done on my skin type.....and for dychank(i think he is from japan, so he and i should fall under the same skin type) they suggested this 5hr treatment......

dim - please check out the amino-plex thread - all I can say is that I have found it to be the BEST wound healer ever ... if you've had something ablative (which you have) done to your face ... then the amino-plex is a really good buy.

Oh, and my lactic peel is at 50/55% - but that's only every 10 days or so.

dim -I'm so sorry to hear that. But I would like to thank you so much for posting your feedback. I'm sure this will make others consider what may or may not work for them.

maya,

thanks for your kind words.....the thing thta bothers me most is that she told me thta most people need just one treatment to treat redmarks and atmost 2 and they are the easiest to treat.....but i havent seen a bit of improvement and it sbeen 2 months. according to her 4 months is all i need to see great results!!!!

I received a few messages enquiring about Dr.S. i thought i would answer them here.......

I am not sure about Dr.S's license. I don tunderstand why its taking so long. Actually she could have trained other doctors instead of trying for her own license......thats would have been easier....i tiold her that she could use co2 laser treatments in atlanta without a license but she didnt seem interedtes in that.....i guess she only wants to settle down in calif........

And i wouldnt recommed anyone to fly all the way to australia.....its not like your scars will be gone with just 1 treatment......unless she gets her license back and opens a clinic here in US......

About the pictures, no i didnt see many acne scarrin gpictures...just 1 with shallow scarring near the temples.....she showed me some other scarring like sun damage etc etc......she told me that they were doing some research and so all the photos and stuff were at home....i tink PK is the only one who saw several acne scarrin gpictures......

I didnt meet any of her staff.....she treated me on satuday so no one was there.......

Dr.S is a nice person.....i dont know anything abouot the scams about her treatment........

She didnt mention anything about the 5hr laser treatment when i was in AUS...i would have gone for thta......i think its more like skin rejuvenation......i am not sure if it helps acne scarring.......

it is pretty surprising that even your red marks were not cleared up by laser ! I thought laser was invasive enough to , if not the acne scars, at least clear the red marks . Sorry to hear that

Just thought i would give an 2 month+2 week update. It didnt improve even a single red mark. Infact one area where she treated looks like burnt or something....doesnt look normal at all.....Now i regret going to her and spending 4500$ for nothing.....I am disappointed.....

Just thought i would give an 2 month+2 week update. It didnt improve even a single red mark. Infact one area where she treated looks like burnt or something....doesnt look normal at all.....Now i regret going to her and spending 4500$ for nothing.....I am disappointed.....

Dim,

I have been reading over at the voy forum.

There is woman called PK who saids she has had really good improvement with Sheibner.

Maybe you should talk to her?

U

If you read PKs message fully on Voy, you will see that PK and Dim are already in contact.

Dim, i think u should consider flying to Dr Rullan to get exoderm done . If u dun have money for that , u can borrow it from a bank at a interest rate as low as 5% a year. For exoderm , it costs 3700 usd. Maya , if u have time , u can fly with her since u guys are best friends . Good luck

Exoderm (phenol) is a desperate last resort, at least to me. I think I would try it if I were very badly scarred and seriously contemplating suicide. I mean, in that type of scenario, I wouldn't have much to lose. But otherwise, it's too much of a risk.